Marantz Model-15 Amp Model-7T Pre Amp and Dynaco Amp WIW

L78MARK

I recently acquired a Marantz Model-15 Amp, Marantz Model-7T Preamp and a Dynaco tube amplifier from a friend who dug them out of his fathers closet. Only half of the model-15 amp will power up, the model-7T Preamp will not power up at all, The Dynaco powers up. These components were sitting in the closet up for over 35 years and are in real nice condition. They were a little dusty but other then that they look good. I was going to send them out for a restoration but after listening to my better half complaining about me "dragging more old junk" into the house I decided to let them go. A friend asked me if I would sell them to him instead of selling them on eBay or an audio forum. he wants to buy all three of them but the problem is I have no idea what they are worth as is. does anyone have any idea what these 3 components are worth in as is condition. Thanks......
Mark

I recently acquired a Marantz Model-15 Amp, Marantz Model-7T Preamp and a Dynaco tube amplifier from a friend who dug them out of his fathers closet. Only half of the model-15 amp will power up, the model-7T Preamp will not power up at all, The Dynaco powers up. These components were sitting in the closet up for over 35 years and are in real nice condition. They were a little dusty but other then that they look good. I was going to send them out for a restoration but after listening to my better half complaining about me "dragging more old junk" into the house I decided to let them go. A friend asked me if I would sell them to him instead of selling them on eBay or an audio forum. he wants to buy all three of them but the problem is I have no idea what they are worth as is. does anyone have any idea what these 3 components are worth in as is condition. Thanks......
Mark

If you got them for free and your friend wants it, why try to make money off them?

I decided to let them go. A friend asked me if I would sell them to him instead of selling them on eBay or an audio forum.... does anyone have any idea what these 3 components are worth in as is condition. Thanks......
Mark

Mark,

I see you rarely post since joining in 2015 so just a reminder asking for value in any forum other then Dollars & Sense is verboten. I would contact a moderator and ask them to move this thread to D&S.

I have and rebuilt a model 16. The model 16 runs just a bit less on the ragged edge compared to the 15. Check both fuses. The 15,16 and 16B are mono blocks bolted to a face plate. The power cord from one plugs ino the other, make sure it is. Also listen for the relay click. One may be stuck. Another thing to be aware of is the big bulbs in the front. They have to be working for the amp to run properly. If one or both are out replace them. If a bulb is out wiggle it in the socket. The contacts can corrode a bit. Some even solder them in.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction, I have been looking at google and any other place I can think of. I am not trying to sell the components, they are already sold. I asked the person who wants to purchase them to make an offer but he also does not know what they are worth.
BTW, I never said they were given to me for free.. We cleared a long overdue debt. Thanks Again....
Mark
As for value that's for the D&S forum. Also Google is your friend.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction, I have been looking at google and any other place I can think of. I am not trying to sell the components, they are already sold. I asked the person who wants to purchase them to make an offer but he also does not know what they are worth.
BTW, I never said they were given to me for free.. We cleared a long overdue debt. Thanks Again....
Mark
Those model 15's sound good when in spec. But it's a very early SS design for Marantz. I think the first for amps. Do check the fuses in the 7T as well. I'm not too familiar with it so you might find fuses on the inside? It's a nice sounding preamp when working. Sonicly the 15 is supposed to sound a little better than the 16 when restored. If the relay on the side that doesn't work doesn't click it may mean something is shorted. It's a protection relay. But the relays they originally used were open frame. So dirt and dust does collect. Look carefully for pitting on the contacts. If your lucky it's just stuck open.

There is some value to those old Marantz SS units, but its not an area that i know much about. I once sold that model amp to a fellow in Italy. He was very stoked about it.

Last edited:
If it won't power up, the 7T is worth 400 - 600 dollars, the 15 needing service I would say 200 - 400, the Dynaco without a model number...? but I am guessing it is a ST70 and unrestored 300 - 500

Yes it's a Dynaco ST-70, if it Has Miullard EL-34s in good shape they are worth as much as the amp itsef

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom