Nasty Customer Complaint--Not My Fault--Or Anyone's

this development is not across the line in westmoreland cty off of rt30 is it?

Actually, no--other side of town just across the Washington Co line--out past McDonald/Cecil headed towards Burgettstown--basically just off of the other end of Rt 22/30. I am familiar with the area you are referring to, and the "issues". Most people don't realize this stuff started way back in Feb and Mar, since the winter was so cold and it started raining constantly on frozen ground, that couldn't absorb water if it wanted to--and then the rain has been relentless even after the thaw.

I had the dubious pleasure of hauling the developer and his "clients" out to the site yesterday after we met for lunch, so he could kind of try to defend his position as to why their house wouldn't be ready next month--but, what the hell, I have $100K of his money in escroe and if he lets them "slip away" and cancel the deal, he forfeits that deposit to me, so I'll entertain him. Once we hit the gravel part of the access road to the lot, I could see the pain in their faces, but I think "reality" finally started sinking in.

On a better note--I did manage to get my car last night, the Stillers won when I went to the game on Sun, so some good out of the weekend.

The Jaguar ?

A new Hell Cat Red Eye....

You are both right--I did just recently buy a new Jag XJR575, but I couldn't take photos at the time, since it rained EVERY day for 2 weeks straight. Now that things are temporarily "improving" I'll have to get photos up in that thread. Unfortunately, I am in Pittsburgh, and it is at home up North. I'll get to it though.

The Hellcat "trade-up" was strictly an "impulse buy". I really had no intention of looking for one, but when I saw the marketing schlock, I just had to have the new one. Although the basic body is still the same, the new one just makes the old one look "dated" (to me, at least)--the extra 90 hp doesn't hurt either, although the old one was arguable "overpowered" to start with.

@zebra03 --quit reminding me, or I'm going to have to go get physically ill--I just spent almost $200K on cars in the last three months. I am not "wealthy" to the point of being able to do that on a regular basis. There were strange circumstances, and a few financial "windfalls" that made this even remotely possible--one of which I will be paying for, for the rest of my life--that would be the insurance settlements from my accident that destroyed my lower spine. But I was already positioned for a fairly comfortable retirement, have no "heirs" and the few surviving members of my family are all financially secure (there is no "future generation" for our family), so I just "blew some money", so to speak--can't take it with me, and I really have no one to leave it to, so my last will and testament will read "being of sound mind and body, I spent it".

I never understand what magic they think I can perform just because they don't like what I had to tell them.

Ain't that the truth--they got a "brutal awakening" when the developer and I took them out to the site on Monday, and (as I posted), "reality" kind of started to set in. It's not like we are hanging out in a warehouse playing poker with your money--this is what it really looks like. Sorry, but...

Ain't that the truth--they got a "brutal awakening" when the developer and I took them out to the site on Monday, and (as I posted), "reality" kind of started to set in. It's not like we are hanging out in a warehouse playing poker with your money--this is what it really looks like. Sorry, but...
Yeah, it sucks, but it's not like you guys ordered up the weather.

I've been on the tail end of that doing stuff like cabinets and finishing, and it can drive you bonkers.

You are both right--I did just recently buy a new Jag XJR575, but I couldn't take photos at the time, since it rained EVERY day for 2 weeks straight. Now that things are temporarily "improving" I'll have to get photos up in that thread. Unfortunately, I am in Pittsburgh, and it is at home up North. I'll get to it though.

The Hellcat "trade-up" was strictly an "impulse buy". I really had no intention of looking for one, but when I saw the marketing schlock, I just had to have the new one. Although the basic body is still the same, the new one just makes the old one look "dated" (to me, at least)--the extra 90 hp doesn't hurt either, although the old one was arguable "overpowered" to start with.

@zebra03 --quit reminding me, or I'm going to have to go get physically ill--I just spent almost $200K on cars in the last three months. I am not "wealthy" to the point of being able to do that on a regular basis. There were strange circumstances, and a few financial "windfalls" that made this even remotely possible--one of which I will be paying for, for the rest of my life--that would be the insurance settlements from my accident that destroyed my lower spine. But I was already positioned for a fairly comfortable retirement, have no "heirs" and the few surviving members of my family are all financially secure (there is no "future generation" for our family), so I just "blew some money", so to speak--can't take it with me, and I really have no one to leave it to, so my last will and testament will read "being of sound mind and body, I spent it".

Nice cars "Uncle" Sava . haha

The country we live in reminds me of the Twilight Zone episode "A Stop at Willoughby" His boss was Always "Push Push Push!" until the guys mind snapped one day and he jumped from the train to his death, but his mind viewed it as a quaint little calm town called Willoughby. That's how our country is today, push push push. The banks, creditors, doctors, vets offices, internet companies, phone companies, insurance companies and so on want their money NOW! Just when you get your bills payed off,,, WHAMMO!! Here come more bills you never knew of in the mail! Push Push Push!! They don't want you having any vices to relieve the stress I.E. drinking, smoking, vaping or now, even caffeine! If you talk of ending it all they can have you taken away against your will until they have "fixed" you so you can go out into the world to take more beatings. No one knows where to turn to anymore. There are very few happy places anymore and no place to go to calm down. Sadly we turn to each other and attack out of frustration from the pressure of our lives. Does it make it right? No, but people are running out of options.

The country we live in reminds me of the Twilight Zone episode "A Stop at Willoughby" His boss was Always "Push Push Push!" until the guys mind snapped one day and he jumped from the train to his death, but his mind viewed it as a quaint little calm town called Willoughby. That's how our country is today, push push push. The banks, creditors, doctors, vets offices, internet companies, phone companies, insurance companies and so on want their money NOW! Just when you get your bills payed off,,, WHAMMO!! Here come more bills you never knew of in the mail! Push Push Push!! They don't want you having any vices to relieve the stress I.E. drinking, smoking, vaping or now, even caffeine! If you talk of ending it all they can have you taken away against your will until they have "fixed" you so you can go out into the world to take more beatings. No one knows where to turn to anymore. There are very few happy places anymore and no place to go to calm down. Sadly we turn to each other and attack out of frustration from the pressure of our lives. Does it make it right? No, but people are running out of options.
I'm not inclined to argue, but isn't it snowing in Colorado, rather than raining ?

Snow sucks worse than rain, except for the people who like snow.

I'm not sure what to think about those people.

Maybe I did a poor job of explaining what my point was, so I'll try again.
Multi Billion and now Trillion dollar business don't care about the hardships you are going through they just want their money and don't care how they get it.
The sub-contractor here isn't making any money because he can't work due to all of the rain and has to worry about paying his bills which puts a lot of pressure on him.
What about the people who were just wiped out by the hurricane, their bills will keep coming even though they have no home or job to go to right now.
In the past 3 years I have had my fair share of hardships (like a lot of people) I.E. medical problems, and have been getting bill after bill in the mail and now even phone calls, one collector even asked me why I haven't payed my bill to them after only one notification that I owed them? Really?
As for the ending it all comment, I was in the company of a friend of mine who happens to work in the mental health line of work when I was griping about all of the debts I joked (I know, "your not supposed to joke about that stuff, we've all done it before) about ending it all and let them try and collect from a dead person, and her reply to me was "If I think that you are serious about doing that I have to call the police and have you detained for a psych evaluation against your will" Really?
This world is so very stressful and everyone is just looking for a calm place.
My message is, try to smile more at others, ask them how they are doing, wish them luck, give them a hug if they need it, and tell them it's going to be ok. I have done this to others who have been going through a lot in their life and it has changed their day and made them smile. And strangely, It makes you fell better as well.
Nothing but love from me to all of you. It WILL be ok.

I think the developer kind of got ahead of himself, selling lots and building homes before the entire storm sewer system and catch basins were fully completed.

Makes a big difference where you are I guess. Typical development around here is set up in stages, and each stage has to have all the infrastructure installed before the first lot is sold. With a lot of them, they can't start any work on the next stage till the first one is sold out. Relatively recent changes that came about with the '08 housing bust where more than a few folk ended up in limbo with a half finished home with no utilities in the middle of a wasteland. Took years in some cases to sort out.

Makes a big difference where you are I guess. Typical development around here is set up in stages, and each stage has to have all the infrastructure installed before the first lot is sold.

Yeah, it varies from state to state, county to county, township to township, boro to boro, etc. around here. You submit a plan with estimated completion dates and specs, but there is no particular order in which they must be completed.

When I did tech support stuff for a living years ago, I was often the guy you got after some number of people had already not succeeded in fixing your problem or sometimes caused more problems. I rarely dealt with happy customers. Mercifully it was all via tickets so I never got screamed at on the phone but sometimes text is plenty bad enough. I never took it personal, and I did my best to make them happy at the end of it all. Didn't always work, but my thinking was that if I didn't cause the problem, they aren't really mad at me. I just happened to be the person who's ear they had at that moment.

Just guessing.....
The 'clients' are,
1. around 30 yo
2. watch a lot of 'building' shows on tv
3. have never picked up a shovel

Back
Top Bottom