How to wire a Bass Shaker

WinterNight

Greetings, I have a audio technica SU-G95 stereo amp along with a Dayton Audio Sub-1000 100watt subwoofer, and speakers of course. I am planning on buying a AuraSound AST-2B-4 Pro Bass Shaker but I am not sure how to wire it. I tried youtube and saw diagrams and that just made me more confused. Any help would be much appreciated.

Possibly, I watched a video tutorial from the website that sells it, and couldn't really understand that or the diagram. In the video it showed an amp with a subwoofer out out, which my amp does not have.

I don't see a sub out on your Technics. I'm guessing you have the existing subwoofer connected via the speaker outputs. The Aura is a passive device that requires amplification. While you could buy anothe plate amplifier to power the Aura and connect it similarly, this may be a good time to upgrade to a receiver with a line level subwoofer output.

Either way, you'll need another amp to drive the Aura.

ohhh. I did not know that, haha. Can someone recommend an amp for the bass shaker? and yes, I do have my speakers running from my subwoofer, and I do not have enough money to buy a new stereo reciever.

I emailed them and they pointed me to the right direction. Thanks Spiceman50! I was able to find an amp so I could wire 2 bass shakers which require 8 ohms. Can my technics reciever handle that? Thank you all so much for your help!!

I emailed them and they pointed me to the right direction. Thanks Spiceman50! I was able to find an amp so I could wire 2 bass shakers which require 8 ohms. Can my technics reciever handle that? Thank you all so much for your help!!

Great! That's fantastic. I don't know anything about the Technic's receiver but if you have a line out going to the shaker amp I can't see any reason why the Technic's coudn't handle it. Perhaps someone with knowledge of the Technic's could chim in. I was eventually looking at the Butt Kicker system. No other reason other then the's the first system I investigated when researching the subject of using shakers.

I think I know how to wire the bass shakers, but my subwoofer is connected to my reciever through the speaker inputs and i then have my speakers connected to my subwoofer. But know I do not know where the plate amp fits into my current setup.

i think you would run another set of wires from from speaker out on your first sub [ where you currently have your main speakers connected]
to the hi level input of your plate amp
[ the way i understand it, the second amp will will not be seen as load on the first amp ]
run the speaker out on the plate amp to your shakers
the controls on the plate amp will control the shakers

Last edited:
Maybe you should ask Sean Connery or Pierce Brosnon? They preferred shaken not. stirred. I apologize I just couldn't resist. Maybe it was the other way around. I'm not really a 007 since the Saint retired.

I have one of the Dayton Audio 50w 4 ohm shakers on the way and I'd like to wire it in parallel with a 6.5" 150w sub for a two ohm load on my amp.

My amp is a 100w chip amp with an adjustable crossover. Power input to the amp is 19v 7.1 amps so it's not putting out 100w probably closer to 75.

Anyone know if this will work?

Comment from a reviewer on the shaker...
These things can take a ton of POWER. I had the aura which does have better lower end shake at lower RMS, but this Daytons can easily take 200 RMS without ever bottoming out. The aura lost its ability after around 100RMs.

If you want power get Dayton, it can easily push 200+ RMS for long periods of time.
If you have no power get the aura. shake well at 50+ RMS, but stop working after 100 RMS

Last edited:
My question above will likely go unanswered and if so, I'll just hook it up and see what happens.

If something goes up in smoke, I'll just see it as a learning experience and go a different direction.

I have one of the Dayton Audio 50w 4 ohm shakers on the way and I'd like to wire it in parallel with a 6.5" 150w sub for a two ohm load on my amp.

My amp is a 100w chip amp with an adjustable crossover. Power input to the amp is 19v 7.1 amps so it's not putting out 100w probably closer to 75.

Anyone know if this will work?

Comment from a reviewer on the shaker...

Probably should start a new thread to discuss this, and better describe your system (specifically, what amp model you have, how the sub connected to the amp, etc). If your sub is connected via high-level inputs, putting a shaker (which is electrically the same as a passive subwoofer) in parallel would not seem to be a good idea, but it's really difficult to tell what you have currently from the sparse description.

Generally, you need another crossover circuit somewhere for the shaker that is (almost always) set to a lower crossover level than the sub. If you don't do that, you will get way too much shaking (for effects that should not generate shaking).

I'm using the amp below (which has a built in crossover). The input signal to this amp is from a splitter used at my active sub's low level input from a front pre out on my Onkyo TX-DS676 AVR.

The TPA-3116 amp is currently being used with the Pioneer 6.5" sub, and I'm just wanting to use the base shaker along with the Pioneer active sub and really don't want to add another amp.

I understand the sub and the shaker in parallel would be a 2 ohm load and I'd be running it at it's limit and figure if it won't be safe, I'll connect them separately and go with which I like better.

https://www.amazon.com/AOSHIKE-Subwoofer-Amplifier-amplifier-Accessories/dp/B01N5DGK37/ref=sr_1_67?crid=1Y2YVK1XZ27RQ&keywords=sub+amplifier&qid=1567435842&s=gateway&sprefix=sub+amp,aps,200&sr=8-67

Last edited:
I'm using the amp below (which has a built in crossover). The input signal to this amp is from a splitter used at my active sub's low level input from a front pre out on my Onkyo TX-DS676 AVR.

The TPA-3116 amp is currently being used with the Pioneer 6.5" sub, and I'm just wanting to use the base shaker along with the Pioneer active sub and really don't want to add another amp.

What's confusing to me is that you keep saying "active sub", but the fact that you are driving the Pioneer 6.5" with the TPA-3116 means that the Pioneer must be a passive sub.

Assuming the Pioneer is a passive sub, and both are 4 ohms, and the amp really can handle 2ohms, then it should be fine to run the shaker and 6.5" Pioneer in parallel. You won't be able to balance the signals between the shaker and the sub though. You will either have mostly shaker or mostly sub depending upon which is more efficient -- unless you luck out and they happen to be balanced naturally. You will have the same issue with crossover -- where the crossover that is ideal for the sub will almost certainly be too high for the shaker. If your long term plan is only use one (sub or shaker), then it should be fine because you can tweak the settings for that one shaker or sub.

What's confusing to me is that you keep saying "active sub", but the fact that you are driving the Pioneer 6.5" with the TPA-3116 means that the Pioneer must be a passive sub.

Assuming the Pioneer is a passive sub, and both are 4 ohms, and the amp really can handle 2ohms, then it should be fine to run the shaker and 6.5" Pioneer in parallel. You won't be able to balance the signals between the shaker and the sub though. You will either have mostly shaker or mostly sub depending upon which is more efficient -- unless you luck out and they happen to be balanced naturally. You will have the same issue with crossover -- where the crossover that is ideal for the sub will almost certainly be too high for the shaker. If your long term plan is only use one (sub or shaker), then it should be fine because you can tweak the settings for that one shaker or sub.
I'm sorry. I have an Infinity active sub supplying the signal to the TPA-3116 via a splitter on the low level inputs of the Infinity.

I'm not really worried with balancing the signals, I'm just intending on adding a bit of bass and shake to a part of the room that is lacking it.

Last edited:
I'm just intending on adding a bit of bass and shake to a part of the room that is lacking it.
Probably should have bought another, maybe bigger/better passive sub, to replace the 6.5" woofer. Unless, you really mean you want to add shake to another part of the room?!? :dunno:

Back
Top Bottom