Now it's time to ...

Keep us posted on your progress, all four of the modules I installed are working great. If you have any installation questions let me know.

Your work looks great, the amp looks brand new! Have you had a chance to do any listening?
I wish i could find replacement black plastic bezel for mine where the meter and channel control are. Mine have cracks and plastic missing around the mounting screws.

Your work looks great, the amp looks brand new! Have you had a chance to do any listening?
I wish i could find replacement black plastic bezel for mine where the meter and channel control are. Mine have cracks and plastic missing around the mounting screws.

Not yet, but I hope to do it soon. Today I’m going to adjust bias current. Mine plastic bezel is not perfect, it has some scratches. But after cleaning it looks pretty good :)

Last edited:
The protection modules are working fine. The power on delay time is slightly different between channels, probably due to capacitors tolerances.

The first amp looks really good. Both the relays on my P2200 click on about as fast as you can say "click click", with a bit of southern draw :).
The back of yours looks different than mine where the mains come in vs. the fuses (probably due to 220v vs 110v model). I also replaced one of the quarter inch input receptacles with a nice RCA receptacle on both left and right channels.

On mine there is about 1 second...It's not important but I don't like it very much. I will check it again :idea:

I also replaced one of the quarter inch input receptacles with a nice RCA receptacle on both left and right channels.

mmm...It is not a bad idea :thumbsup:

Something important. BE is connected in series after beeing rectified with -B rail, to raise the voltage to -92V in the VAS. The speaker protection modules use optocouplers and thus the output of the bridge rectifier are not connected to speaker ground.
But if another modules without optocouplers are used, a shortcircuit can be create.

PS_1_small.png

A simulation of what could happen if we attach a module with no floating groung to BE :yikes:

PS_2_small.png

and with floating ground

PS_3_small.png

Good thing our modules have floating ground! Did the the other modules have a floating ground?
Nice circuit simulation, what program did you use?

Good thing we chose the other modules!

Proteus looks good and easy to use, but I'll provably stick to a free solution that less convenient.

Back
Top Bottom