I am not sure if this is how the circuit is run but does it got in order of number? So R01 comes before R02 and then goes R03? Or is it just random? If they go in order, I was checking board to board in order, everything was the same up until R17. I pulled R20 as well and on the left side is open and right side is 6.82 k ohm.... not looking too good lol

i was being on the cautious side and it is something to do whilst waiting on the parts to arrive . cant really do any harm can it ?

i was being on the cautious side and it is something to do whilst waiting on the parts to arrive . cant really do any harm can it ?
One thing at a time for these guys who do not have a lot of knowledge and experience......There is only one thing to do when the resistors arrive, then we can see how the amplifier is performing without a number of "other things" which have been done in the meantime.

I have made the DBT too, should the DC offset and bias be turned down before powering on with new resistors?

One thing at a time for these guys who do not have a lot of knowledge and experience......There is only one thing to do when the resistors arrive, then we can see how the amplifier is performing without a number of "other things" which have been done in the meantime.
no problem . was just covering unexpected things .. p.s met the op on here a good while ago . another G that worked for more than a few seconds .

no problem . was just covering unexpected things .. p.s met the op on here a good while ago . another G that worked for more than a few seconds .
This model is pretty reliable and is a good design, its not too bad to work on and I have found them easy to repair...

I think your refering to our previous encounter Pete. Haha, the G-5700 has been sold for a couple years to a person that planned on fixing it. I moved on to bigger and better units:)

I think your refering to our previous encounter Pete. Haha, the G-5700 has been sold for a couple years to a person that planned on fixing it. I moved on to bigger and better units:)
well done .. i do remember it briefly working then it went pop . we all know more since then for sure .. like i said back then would happen .

I tried with the dim bulb and as i turn the VR03, the light becomes brighter and brighter until the relays or something switches and the "safely operate" light starts blinking...... also the first time I tried touching TR02 and TR03 I shorted something because a large arch roasted my multi meter probes, then I put on the covers I should have put on the first time:(

I tried with the dim bulb and as i turn the VR03, the light becomes brighter and brighter until the relays or something switches and the "safely operate" light starts blinking...... also the first time I tried touching TR02 and TR03 I shorted something because a large arch roasted my multi meter probes, then I put on the covers I should have put on the first time:(
So what happened to turning it on and setting the bias?
Why are you probing TR02 and 03, thats not part of the procedure?
Do you have the service manual? Are you following the instructions?

If something arced, you have now blown some transistors.
These will now need to be replaced.

VR03 is the bias trimmer, increasing the bias will make the DBT brighter as the circuit is drawing more current.
You should be measuring the bias as you adjust the trimmer as per the instructions to set it at the correct mV as outlined in the manual, NOT just turning the trimmer to "see what happens".

You need to remove the transistor which arced, and test it, you need to test surrounding transistors as well and make sure nothing else was fried.

I was performing steps 3 and 4 in this picture of the service manual....."measurement output between terminals of TR02 and TR03"
upload_2018-10-30_16-23-22.png

the emitter resistors are the same connection electrically and better to clip leads on there . less risk of shorting stuff out .

I was performing steps 3 and 4 in this picture of the service manual....."measurement output between terminals of TR02 and TR03"
View attachment 1318694
Okay I thought you were measuring on the driver board, you didn't say what board you were on.
Well okay, you've most likely taken out the output transistors.
Thats not ideal!
Note where it says BEFORE you turn the power on....
You should be using mini-grabbers.

Pete, I don't think you can get to the emitter resistors which is why they have you connect to the emitters of those transistors.

Yeah sorry I did not specify the board I was measuring. I was following the service manual and I also turned VR03 all the way down before powering on.
Just to be clear, I should be doing this adjustment with the dim bulb? That is just kind of a safety device for a short?
I will start disassembling to get to transistors, should I just google how to test a transistor?

Yeah sorry I did not specify the board I was measuring. I was following the service manual and I also turned VR03 all the way down before powering on.
Just to be clear, I should be doing this adjustment with the dim bulb? That is just kind of a safety device for a short?
I will start disassembling to get to transistors, should I just google how to test a transistor?

No, it needs to be off the DBT when setting the bias, as the DBT drops the voltage and limits the current. The settings need to be done at full AC line voltage.

You most definitely need to know how to test a transistor to carry out the necessary repair.

Ok I will look up on testing the transistors. here is the board layout if your curious Pete. The last picture you can see where the short was
jJBc0La5tHOs1HfBpuGmxYyooM4G9CVpz9pNrC0FADMU0k-R3FlgQH6DmakNd2No7B2rbqhuqxT5rq6pAWzh_DUKKvd4eV_VybLuvffbINJ6uUt_4cFtNSUcWwL8mUq3sjJYyqzdRzHql5fKTNFK__gKTfvcTZXmkJAy0SGTGKnTNHKyrxKJ4xVTB9KHAL38tSlkcfEa9XntY-lwoPmMghKmHO1eDw_7ih7zzhpwfImAy5Lz5bplmGk6fV1rmAswAtTReiYFajYVYA1LtoTpq67I3Ja8exxttAZZ4GeFWejWZjo0IfEshYuIFd9VX4eDv9H85dEi0rBn24jQwrV4urUfeLGf_2WyvZ2V8zzx_pZBf_6J1ZPirTd4ODMB4APl23TYXgZFxIFatUmHVlYBbPKhR5et_URM8bWgPG9SiCU_D72vJUYK0Q3ILs5qPGcvFM97REdadzEYFHJpzp1JxrG8U39XE0s8zwawNWz_OJ_-exT5PWZUhn9sj9sSqdsOhndpmqOw0ETFI2F7SjblTOfjPqKzxfqvk6Mf_43iWOB9Mr6DNusIpsbH6Bm782WUMoYlhCHpuzikJ7aL8d9d2PKBtQpTteYSTz1Ym7HGQBkJbdVC8yRhlQuoRGbKCFXNkbjjShXhW9Dqe-4pKKxCO-fERA=w927-h1235-no
8On-ApQkkHfNIIhOj39zHAKN2tm-e_Qla35FA43gT9bBsKtGCBjuj58aBvLhdc4pcxwRxl7TfaVv5gvxjIOZcazQFxyKC4uunykDoSGpIhQy3BwU4swcLLNeSrKSR3xwI3XSaYfpQjfsrPzZ_nEDGBPDakxVuVnoHGxKnfIGCT3jKNJ0wiQo-pBb9QMlRc8AULCfElpK221C-LjlKCURIvclKuMyyWap8lc3oWd2fSPKGZxSIPDtl0SR860PsCMm114JjVFwS1ttQ_dxGAR-uFCyayya5D-qhOMAhy1OjhI0tavXULvd3rYnzah_vvqgainMSd757MDCTJfnxuVt4v_KhDcRzyFV3zNgJGkE2Ceu8o3BQHV3xOBnYogCfW9aKTc4-rMJfUyNZszXHJqev9xnOS81k8FdYlDVAl5GCjFYEzJHC-b66A9bcPrI2T4GhBL8nD-2dHHfuUK5XE3OhYKdbKSVsu35hDf8wPpotqfFGoO5YNPwsjs6Er7DkNGNM5crrl1ucpEJNB47GdlCik7YEVeRONc9_i5p0mBBdEWAx9HMhzZMOHEbSKcP_gKVbpt-EXgQyiPJkYOv3qp_kJdi96n9U4bzpyPU3qPoi_iDdbFkDfy4E6N0JHykkNFYQpz36KcsR0xuXeSXb9ridgh5lw=w927-h1235-no
RbLo8745bukXmp_ryOJGR_Bn1DmzhkZCpFJW2l5o5IsOv4Qoe0tyRweEwFSelJSfetr_7urXCcrYgyp9Fii_n8lYn-eg8YVa5rS8nb3AV3kr_aKelcQvzjzRarzLvc561_7WJwX8CB_H6OP3UW9dTaNnl6QmIVpLY7pnNZW0iIivBeyYusr-eRsGDVCD31nIVkM0n_9Jo3FxtCn7PxOUtuki88ck02PTcZSXWQ0eh37PzH1dKaSYVYG4vK6d9A1i8NcGxvjTcoq0E6JrzaeQdp2d7FmS8XWQoKXwN87ZEebfJrSl1x93H5oSu2I13hEZf6lh8_BDMLN8vQ5ByVECO2XGb77iPpxaiTZoZMQj017Beoco57o6Vp9znn8fS6B6sS0nll6iLquksxlbkeF4TqWUfwp-goIbWLMhF-Ipt4QOA9zPAaO-E0G5DQxtc6QtBbdLdfi7--2TnmpVSjw5j7TIeV1-NBzkXtqJvFYNh-1xu-mMrKgnYfDO_C3_829gimi8Rh_37FmhlXZdaJMtdxtParnhRa31xv8Ik8GHdXPqO8cgygQM7Xeo6jfi9kboazdgsVGcaJZk0qK96P23V1F8cDsHEWR_K5vg-VMrDtizwLMr6BJHyT-IKKJS0JGnaJOaAt-BzhPEERLcv5cxQ9NQyQ=w927-h1235-no

Back
Top Bottom