Monty Python Flying Circus is on Netflix

transmaster

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
I just found out the entire Monty Python Flying Circus TV Show is on Netflix. I was watching the first season many of these I have never seen. As I tell people the humor on this show is bizarre and something of an acquired taste. But if you can get into it, it is a howler.

One that I always got a kick out of was the skits when they had, Princess Margaret (Ann?) out in the forest hunting breakfast. There would be a plated English breakfast creeping along. You would see a figure doing the royal wave than you would hear the narrator comment ”Oh excellent shot, she hit it in the toast”.

Last edited:
Many excellent skits, The Cheese Shop is outstanding.
C: In a nutshell. And I thought to myself, 'a little fermented curd will do the trick', so, I curtailed my Walpoling activites, sallied forth, and infiltrated your place of purveyance to negotiate the vending of some cheesy comestibles!
O: Come again?
C: I want to buy some cheese.

Self Defence against fruit, How not to be seen, Lifeboat sketch, Dirty Hungarian Phrasebook, World's funniest joke (Killer Joke), Confuse a cat. Saw all 45 episodes when they got to the states in 73 on PBS WNET new York.

Last edited:
The Gumpy's :rflmao: What is funny about this the tied up towel on the head saved my bald head from sun burn a couple of times when I forgot a hat I remembered the Gumpy's and knotted up one of the caps for myself they actually work great. Great for getting strange looks too.

134424808_59ad0728c1_o.jpg

Last edited:
The Gumpy's :rflmao: What is funny about this the tied up towel on the head saved my bald head from sun burn a couple of times when I forgot a hat I remembered the Gumpy's and knotted up one of the caps for myself they actually work great. Great for getting strange looks too.

134424808_59ad0728c1_o.jpg

Back in the day, the stereotypical image (essentially a meme before such things existed) of an Englishman on vacation (“holiday” in British English) was a guy with his trouser legs rolled up so he could dip his toes in the ocean and a knotted handkerchief on his head to protect him from the harmful rays of that big yellow thing hiding behind the clouds. That he would also be wearing a long-sleeved shirt and sweater vest is testament to the quality of the English summer and explains why, in modern times, so many Britons favor Benidorm over Blackpool. The Gumpy addition of wellies to the standard uniform so that one may dip one’s toes and yet still keep them dry is surely inspired genius.

Back
Top Bottom