Friday Tunes

Continuing my quest to a listening of Der Ring des Nibelungen in its entirety, next up:

Siegfried
(Wagner, 1876)

This recording:

Bayreuth Festival Orchestra & Chorus

Direction: Horst Stein
Principals: Cox, Roberts, Zednick, McIntyre, Feldhoff

(Deutsche Grammaphon, 1974)

*In many respects the most "difficult" listen in The Cycle, as it is not so (musically) dramatic as the material in parts one & two, rather, it is a musical "sketch" that sets the stage for the very dramatic conclusion, i.e., part four.

Continuing my quest to a listening of Der Ring des Nibelungen in its entirety, next up:

Siegfried
(Wagner, 1876)

This recording:

Bayreuth Festival Orchestra & Chorus

Direction: Horst Stein
Principals: Cox, Roberts, Zednick, McIntyre, Feldhoff

(Deutsche Grammaphon, 1974)

*In many respects the most "difficult" listen in The Cycle, as it is not so (musically) dramatic as the material in parts one & two, rather, it is a musical "sketch" that sets the stage for the very dramatic conclusion, i.e., part four.

Good Luck!

I picked this up back when you could still find previously owned LP's for 50 cents to a dollar each.
There was a thrift store down around the corner that had this in their inventory so I picked it up.
She was supposed to charge me a dollar per record, but she only charged me a dollar for the whole box.
All in excellent shape with some notes recording what and the times the previous owners listened to.
The owners were apparently of German descent ( Lots of German folk immigrated to and settled in South East/Central Texas )

https://texasalmanac.com/topics/culture/german/german-texans

I have listed to some but not all...

wagnerkarajan.jpg wagnerkarajan1.jpg

Now playing however
is

Kottke_Pink_0794.JPG
Regards from Chuck Pink

Last edited:
PA269164.jpg

THEN PLAY ON
Fleetwood Mac

Reprise