Today's Irish/Scottish/English folk playlist

P9277494.jpg

CAROLAN'S HARP
Dance-tunes, Airs & Laments
Turlough O'Carolan
The Harp Consort
Andrew Lawrence-King - director

Deutsche Harmonia Mundi

Proof positive that I'm not the only one still using a version of the Dust Bug.

It came with the table and I like what it does. I'm still curious though about a possible missing roller that I didn't get. When I see them they usually have a roller. Not sure about this design though.

MIC

View attachment 1320701 Right now: Nick Drake, Pink Moon. I am not quite sure if he is folk and I have never understood how I missed him the first time around in 1972.

While we sorta lump him in w/ Brit Folk, but his ouvre was something "extradimensional", more than mere Brito-Celtic balladry, although those elements are present here 'n' there in his musical creations. Lyrically he was beyond "folk tales" and, for much of his craft also musically unique. @ the most basic level a balladeer he was, certainly. And he always seemed to see the darkness in all things.

Saw Jim this past Friday night at a house concert. Better show than his concert two years ago. Two songs seemed to bring the most reaction. The Wild Geese, of course, and this one, whose history Jim explained. Many teary eyes from those of us who have lost loved ones in recent years.

Back
Top Bottom