Fire Dave Roberts

*edited by moderator*

Watching the Dodgers/Red Sox final innings. It is amazing how a manager takes out a pitcher who is loose & dominating through almost 7 innings, Rich Hill of Dodgers, and brings in nervous reliever(s) who get shellacked. 4 run lead gone. Managers do it all the time, big mistake!

8:46 PM - 27 Oct 2018

Last edited by a moderator:
tenor.gif

I'd have Dumberts fired before Game Five and put Chase Utley in as interim manager, if I were Magic Johnson;)

Anybody would be better than Roberts, even god forbid another New Yorker(didn't care for Donnie's skills)

Please allow me this slight diversion here,....
I was watching the game last night. There came an intentional walk, and, it seems that they just gave him first base, without the four wide pitches?
I haven't watched any professional sports in quite a few years. Have they eliminated the actual pitches needed for the intentional walk?

returns the topic to griping about management.

Not defending Roberts but this morning on sportscenter they said Hill said he was pretty much done. :dunno:

Not defending Roberts but this morning on sportscenter they said Hill said he was pretty much done. :dunno:
That's just typical Dave Roberts BS.
Hill never wants to be pulled fro a game.
He was cruising with a one hitter and four to nothing lead.
The Dodger bullpen had just pitched in an 18 inning marathon.
The Red Sox couldn't figure out a way to hit Hill and rejoiced when Roberts made his little sprint to the mound.

Well I don't see enough of Roberts to know if it is typical but I agree that Hill should have stayed in the game untill he ran into trouble. As a Red Sox fan I was glad to see him go. The Red Sox have been doing what they did last night to alott of teams this year so I would like to think that they would have come back anyway. But you never know....

Yes, just a "wave by" now. No pitching involved.
Please allow me this slight diversion here,....
I was watching the game last night. There came an intentional walk, and, it seems that they just gave him first base, without the four wide pitches?
I haven't watched any professional sports in quite a few years. Have they eliminated the actual pitches needed for the intentional walk?

returns the topic to griping about management.

Well I don't see enough of Roberts to know if it is typical but I agree that Hill should have stayed in the game untill he ran into trouble. As a Red Sox fan I was glad to see him go. The Red Sox have been doing what they did last night to alott of teams this year so I would like to think that they would have come back anyway. But you never know....
Very typical of Roberts to micro/mismanage, not just this one instance this series or last series.
The Dodgers, without Roberts daily boneheaded managing, would be closer to 108 wins, imo.
On a side note I remember when a young Joey Cora played second base for the Dodgers and remember Vince Scully comment more than once how Cora would someday make a wonderful manager.
Wanna' trade?

First, the Dodgers are in the world series, any other team would trade managers if it meant they were there instead. B, if he hadn't pulled Hill with the same outcome you would still be calling for his head, it was a no win situation.

Sorry to say , but the way the Soxs are playing , they could probably beat a All -Star team .Everything is falling in place for them . Period

Back
Top Bottom