Epsilons in florida

Bahamayellow

Hello there is a set of Epsilons in Florida on the bay. They are big and beautiful so someone might get a good price on them, No external crossover bass module though.

I was wondering there are other pieces on the bay to make them complete but gets pricey. It would be worth it but out of my range. Lol

The epsilons came with two different SCU boxes, original SCU and REV A, you have to match the right box for your epsilons as the pcb board attached to the epsilon woofer is also different for the two SCU boxes.

Last edited:
The epsilons came with two different SCU boxes, original SCU and REV A, you have to match the right box for your epsilons as the pcb board attached to the epsilon woofer is also different for the two SCU boxes.
Is the woofer PCB labeled so that you can figure out which SCU matches?

Is the woofer PCB labeled so that you can figure out which SCU matches?

I think it is but it takes about 1 hour to get the woofer out to see the PCB board.

The PCB board has a copper shielding covering it so you can't see it looking through the back of the speaker when the gold plate/speaker terminal is removed.

The front grill has to be removed and is screwed to the cabinet from the inside of the speaker so I doubt the guy selling the epsilons would allow you to take them apart to see.

That being said I think he is charging too much for them, they should probably be about $2000 to $2500 in that condition without the SCU, you could be taking a big chance that there is something wrong with the PCB board or the sensor on the woofer or more and you still might not find the right SCU.

One thing you could do is buy a pair of these and cross the woofers over at 150hz but then the woofers will only be like normal woofers and won't be servo controlled but would be better than not having any woofers.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2-Harrison-Labs-FMOD-150Hz-LP-Low-Pass-Subwoofer-Electronic-Crossover/272203196361?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Last edited:
Looks like they are also missing the gold plate on the back of the speakers and the damper for the rear tweeters.

How can someone be believable when they list a pair of speakers as "100% functional" and they clearly don't have what they need to even play the speakers fully?

How can someone be believable when they list a pair of speakers as "100% functional" and they clearly don't have what they need to even play the speakers fully?

I've called sellers on issues like this and they usually drop the price, often making it a good deal.

I've called sellers on issues like this and they usually drop the price, often making it a good deal.

I don't doubt that but my question still stands. It is like a car salesman towing a car with no engine to his lot and then advertising it as 100% functional. WTF!

What annoys me is these speakers are only about 1 hours drive south of me. If these were pristine, complete and from an Infinity lover that gave me warm fuzzles I'd probably be posting a "what amp to power my Epsilons" thread. :rolleyes:

Check their other items available and feedback. Often times those will give clues to if a person knows what they have or are just flipping something they stumbled upon.
And *gasp* sometimes even those who know their product may embellish the facts to make a sale hoping the buyer is not as well informed or hasn't done their research.

I don't doubt that but my question still stands. It is like a car salesman towing a car with no engine to his lot and then advertising it as 100% functional. WTF!

What annoys me is these speakers are only about 1 hours drive south of me. If these were pristine, complete and from an Infinity lover that gave me warm fuzzles I'd probably be posting a "what amp to power my Epsilons" thread. :rolleyes:

Since they have been on there awhile wonder if they would take half or less to get rid of them.

Back
Top Bottom