Qobuz HiRez streaming has finally hit the U.S. and it’s really really good

Audiofreak71

Boerboelicious
Subscriber
So I’ve been waiting for awhile for Qobuz to officially come here to the states and today I was able to sign up for the free Hi resolution trial for a month to see what I think .

First impressions are that there is a lot more to choose from artist wise that I like than Tidal , second , the interface is meh, but something I would get used to I imagine. Third and most important the sound quality, so far I am liking what I am hearing , seems like the presentation is a bit more full than Tidal . I still have much more listening to decide whether I will jump ship from Tidal on over to Qobuz but I will say so far it’s promising.

Audiofreak71

Last edited:
I go to their website and I just get the not available in your country message.
Hmm interesting. What device are you using to download it ? Apple /Android? Laptop ?. I’m using my iPhone X streaming to chromecast, I downloaded the app from the Apple App Store .

Audiofreak71

Are you comparing to Tidal lossless?
I have my issues with Tidal but sound quality hasn't been one of them .
I'll have to look into this. Tidal looks like it's on the way out.
Always, good to have a go to.

Hmm interesting. What device are you using to download it ? Apple /Android? Laptop ?. I’m using my iPhone X streaming to chromecast, I downloaded the app from the Apple App Store .

Audiofreak71

It wouldn't let me hear anything but samples, as it's also telling me it's not available in the US yet (tried on my iPad). Are you using a proxy server to 'fool' it ?

It wouldn't let me hear anything but samples, as it's also telling me it's not available in the US yet (tried on my iPad). Are you using a proxy server to 'fool' it ?

Same here, Laptop, iPhone, Kindle are all the same msg...

Audiofreak71

Interesting. I downloaded the app to my iPhone 6s, then created an account inside the app. However, it won't let me sign up for a plan or even a free trial. It just says "no offers available at this time". All the files are samples and a lot of verbage is mixed English and French. I assume because it hasn't officially released in the US yet.

Strange you were able to "trick" it.

I just downloaded the app from the Apple App Store and after I setup my free trial I was gtg.

Audiofreak71

Interesting. I downloaded the app to my iPhone 6s, then created an account inside the app. However, it won't let me sign up for a plan or even a free trial. It just says "no offers available at this time". All the files are samples and a lot of verbage is mixed English and French. I assume because it hasn't officially released in the US yet.

Strange you were able to "trick" it.
Yeah that’s really strange , I just assumed it was already setup here in the U.S. I’m listening to it now as I’m writing this with no issues.

2386CEE7-F77F-4AE7-AE42-95061D50D3CF.png C9545357-9617-40B1-8381-2375CC8D49E2.png

Audiofreak71

I downloaded the app on my iPhone X and I was able to download or listen to any song they offer .

Audiofreak71

I just downloaded the app from the Apple App Store and after I setup my free trial I was gtg.

Audiofreak71

Just tried Apple and Android app. Got the “opps” msg.

It’s letting me sign in and change settings, just can’t play anything or sign up for the free trial.

Edit: it will let me play samples but not sign up.

Last edited:
Just tried Apple and Android app. Got the “opps” msg.

It’s letting me sign in and change settings, just can’t play anything or sign up for the free trial.

Edit: it will let me play samples but not sign up.
That happened to me when I went straight to the website from google , but when I download the app on my iPhone I then was able to play all my music .

Audiofreak71

Maybe a soft roll out.
It could be not sure , I’ll make sure to keep you guys posted , seems weird if it was only here in Washington state , however I know it was working at the Rockie mountain HiFi show recently as well so people in Colorado should be able to use it .

Audiofreak71

That happened to me when I went straight to the website from google , but when I download the app on my iPhone I then was able to play all my music .

Audiofreak71

Website thru Chrome and Explorer said hell no. Both apps say no offers available, free trial or signing up.

Website thru Chrome and Explorer said hell no. Both apps say no offers available, free trial or signing up.
That’s really weird , I have no answer for that one , maybe I slipped through the cracks yesterday somehow who knows . I sure hope you all are able to get it soon though because the sound quality is promising so far . I’m not used to the interface yet but I assume I’ll get used to it but for now I’m now really feeling it .

Audiofreak71

It could be not sure , I’ll make sure to keep you guys posted , seems weird if it was only here in Washington state , however I know it was working at the Rockie mountain HiFi show recently as well so people in Colorado should be able to use it .

Audiofreak71

Works in Colorado and Washington. There is a joke in there.... You probably have to download it at 4:20.

Cheers
Mister Pig

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom