Capital Audiofest Nov 2-4 2018 Rockville MD

Yep, a couple of us are planning to be there Saturday
(well, thats when I am free - they may spend more time there!!).
I have not been there for quite a few years ...
But I'm leaving the checkbook at home!

This is relatively close to @Ohighway, right? I'd bet many of the AK mid-Atlantic meet folks would be close enough to go.

Got an email over the weekend! -- Looks like its This Friday - Sunday Nov 2-4

"CAF is one week away!
CAF 2018 is right around the corner on November 2-4
so get ready for lots of great audio and music at the Rockville Hilton Hotel."
www.capitalaudiofest.com
capitalaudiofest@gmail.com

A bunch of guys from TheCarverSite are going on Saturday. I have my girls so looks like I'm going to miss it.
Full report expected.

BillWojo

A bunch of guys from TheCarverSite are going on Saturday. I have my girls so looks like I'm going to miss it.
Full report expected.

BillWojo

Im planning to go, so how would I connect with them and make plans to meet at the show? Is there a thread at thecarversite? Or do you know someone specific?

I went last year. I spent a lot of money on records in the atrium. I might be there on Friday.

I went last year. I spent a lot of money on records in the atrium. I might be there on Friday.

Uh oh. I wasn't expecting RECORDS to be there. I have a strict budget these days and may have to abort....

Looks like AK's Joe Roberts will be on a panel discussing the "Virtues of Vintage" on Saturday afternoon. I met Joe and he's very friendly, interesting and knowledgeable. Make sure to say hello if the opportunity presents itself.

I'm a bit surprised this thread hasn't taken off, considering the numbers surrounding the DC area.

I'll be in likely for all 3 days, lurking on the 5'th floor near room 533. PM for details. (No affiliation, I'm a volunteer)

Mike (I hang in the AK Mcintosh area generally)

Last edited:
A couple of buddies and I will visit Saturday, aiming to arrive early to catch the vinyl cleaning and cart/tt setup sessions.

Grabbed a couple CDs, having an egg and heading out shortly!
Wearing a red Displine (King Crimson) shirt. See ya after 10AM! Or at 2PM!

Everybody loves Von Schweikerts! They were playing some amazing choral piece earlier, I came back an hour later to U2 on these puppies - "I will Follow" (The version from Boy).
I heard so much high end stuff in the music (percussives on glass bottles?? I don't know) - I ran out in Abject fear for my ears ;) And my wallet! All those tubes!!

Then there were these backyard delights - they actually sounded quite nice Planterspeakers.com -

IMG_7670.jpg IMG_7672.jpg

Everybody loves Von Schweikerts!

They were quite amazing. And the pricetag was the highest I saw at the show.

There were a pair of vintage La Scala's that sounded _wonderful_ in a demo room for tube amps.

Then there were these backyard delights - they actually sounded quite nice Planterspeakers.com

The gray single planter speaker really caught me off guard, making me spin around as I passed by. The sound was superb and... really surprising!

Back
Top Bottom