Review: McIntosh MA9000

Another winner form McIntosh Joe. If I could trade my MAC6700 + D150 and get into the MA9000 for a bit of cash I would do it. I have the D150 to use with the MCT450 since the MAC6700 did not have DSD capabilities.

If I were ever to move away from individual components to an integrated unit, this would be the one.

Has anyone read what DAC chipset they use in this unit?

Thanks for posting that link, Joe.

Usually something like this sits on the floor next to a speaker. Who could lift it to eye level on a shelf or cabinet?

The MA9000 should be a vast improvement sound wise and power wise.
That’s my goal, along with not worrying about tubes burning/wearing out.

Do any of you owners use a laptop to play hi-res files? If so, besides downloading and installing the driver (I have a Windows 10 laptop), did you have to make any further adjustments? The PDF version of the manual has numerous paragraphs devoted to tweaking the driver—I hope that isn’t necessary! I use JRiver MC24 for file playback.

That combination should work fine. You will need a USB 2.0 High Speed USB cable of course.
Ron-C

Since mine still isn’t here I have time to line it lt out. What would be the best way to hook up the mini mac with my music library up to the McIntosh?

Since mine still isn’t here I have time to line it lt out. What would be the best way to hook up the mini mac with my music library up to the McIntosh?

It’s here! Just have to get some help loading into the cabinet

Attachments

• DD5ED1ED-D007-4866-B220-F7822D16685D.jpeg
    DD5ED1ED-D007-4866-B220-F7822D16685D.jpeg
    49.7 KB · Views: 30
Back
Top Bottom