Heresey II woofer problems

ccawker

i have a pair of the Hereseys that,at a moderate level,sounds great...but when i turn it up a little louder it starts breaking up and sounding"muddy".....that is with both speakers....so i put one of them in a Heresey I speaker and it does the same....what part of the speaker is bad.... as i think the crossovers are good as it would be a long shot for the same caps going out at the same time...but,i really dont know about the inner workings of speakers.Any help would be great. Current Audio (9).JPG

Last edited:
It seems my cones were old and brittle is what Midwest Speaker in Minnesota said....160.00 and all will be good.

Do the Heresy 1 speakers sound fine too? If the caps have not been changed out its time for it. You do not specify what series they came from. :dunno: Nice setup buy the way:thumbsup:

I'd call Bob Crites and have a discussion with him. He's the Klipsch Guru. He has a website you can explore. He can send you parts to upgrade your crossovers, or rebuild them if you like. He has replacements for all your drivers and diaphragms for the tweeters and mids, if you need them. But most of all he had the knowledge to help you out with which ever path your choose to walk.

Old school here. I like original. Just got these reckoned and works
I'd call Bob Crites and have a discussion with him. He's the Klipsch Guru. He has a website you can explore. He can send you parts to upgrade your crossovers, or rebuild them if you like. He has replacements for all your drivers and diaphragms for the tweeters and mids, if you need them. But most of all he had the knowledge to help you out with which ever path your choose to walk.
thanks. I have bought a few upgrades from him already. The reconing did the trick.

Back
Top Bottom