Today's Progressive Rock Tunes

Great record and great band.

I'm really hoping to make the Marillion Weekend in Montreal in 2019. Need to start the planning process now....like convincing my better half that its cool for me to take a 4 day vacation. Better start buttering her up now! :lurk::naughty:

I saw them last year. They are so good live. I like the new album a lot and they played a bunch of FEAR. Ended the show with Garden Party. I would love to come to the weekend but I doubt that will happen. I preordered the new remastered Clutching box set, it should be here in a few weeks. They have always been one of my favorite bands.

I saw them last year. They are so good live. I like the new album a lot and they played a bunch of FEAR. Ended the show with Garden Party. I would love to come to the weekend but I doubt that will happen. I preordered the new remastered Clutching box set, it should be here in a few weeks. They have always been one of my favorite bands.

I saw them last year as well. My 1st Marillion experience besides seeing Fish in 97'sish which I think was the Sunset's on Empire tour. Both were amazing experiences.

I was familiar with Marillion from early on but I just wasn't in that head space at the time. Don't ever recall disliking them and do recall meeting a couple of guys a a party once who were pretty hardcore on Marillion (Fish era) which they seemed freaked out that someone else knew who they were. It wasn't until the mid 90's that I tuned in. Had a very cool roommate for a number of years who was a big Marillion fan. I believe this timing allowed me to be exposed to both versions of the band, along with Fish, without having any biases about which version was better. Subsequently I really dig both versions of the band as well as Fish's solo works.

................and to stick with the Marillion theme.........
20181102_214534.jpg 20181102_214550.jpg

Marillion Brave - 2018 Steve Wilson Remix - 2LP

In the past 3 weeks I've done a main bathroom reno along with a hallway remodel / flooring job in the house which I did approx.. 75% of the work. I work by the motto that I should let the pros do the work that the pros are best at and only do the work that I know I can do as well as the pros. All this process has eaten up most of my yearly holidays. Feeling sorry for myself :oops:....yet, actually having a free day to myself :naughty: I decided to go record shopping and ended up with this amazing, yet moderately pricey gem.
I seem to be a number of months behind in my PROG subscription reading and as it happens, I"m reading an article regarding this specific record. I suspect it may have had some influence on my purchase?:idea:
20181102_215021.jpg

................and to stick with the Marillion theme.........
View attachment 1321447 View attachment 1321448

Marillion Brave - 2018 Steve Wilson Remix - 2LP

In the past 3 weeks I've done a main bathroom reno along with a hallway remodel / flooring job in the house which I did approx.. 75% of the work. I work by the motto that I should let the pros do the work that the pros are best at and only do the work that I know I can do as well as the pros. All this process has eaten up most of my yearly holidays. Feeling sorry for myself :oops:....yet, actually having a free day to myself :naughty: I decided to go record shopping and ended up with this amazing, yet moderately pricey gem.
I seem to be a number of months behind in my PROG subscription reading and as it happens, I"m reading an article regarding this specific record. I suspect it may have had some influence on my purchase?:idea:
View attachment 1321466

I dig both versions of the band too. I got into them when the first album came out. When fish left I lost touch with the band after not connecting with what they were doing on Seasons End. I revisited that one after a few years and really liked it, started pick in ng up the other H stuff. They are one of the few bands that I'll buy new releases without hearing it first. Consistent output over the years. I havent picked up the Brave vinyl yet but I'm sure I will get it eventually, as I'm a completist when it comes to Marillion.

Traffic
The Low Spark Of High Heeled Boys
-Island-

IMG_4180_zpskqufmro9.jpg

Back
Top Bottom