Sansui AU-819 MC phono performance

Twisten

G’day all. I’m excited, but concerned at the same time. I just ordered a Rega Planar 6 with Ania MC cartridge.

Specs of cartridge:
  • Design: Moving Coil Cartridge
  • Tracking Pressure: Between 1.75 and 2.0 grams
  • Inovative & Unique Iron Cross And Coil Assembly
  • Generator: One of the world’s smallest MC generators
  • Magnet: Cutting-edge neodymium magnet
  • Wire: High-specification fine wire
  • Stylus: Elliptical diamond
  • Fixing: Rega 3 Point
  • Input Load Impedance: 100 Ohms
  • Output Impedance: 10 Ohms
  • Output Voltage: 350uV
  • Channel Balance: ≥ 20μV
  • Separation: ≥ -29dB
I plan to pair it with my Sansui AU-819. Will the built in MC head amp be good enough to get the most out of the turntable?

G'day mate, the MC head amp in the AU-819/919 is very good, but I couldn't guarantee it'll get the most out of your Phono combination. The specs of your cartridge seem to match those of the MC Head Amp very well, so it should sound very nice. ;)

Let us know your impressions when you get it all set up. :thumbsup:

G'day mate, the MC head amp in the AU-819/919 is very good, but I couldn't guarantee it'll get the most out of your Phono combination. The specs of your cartridge seem to match those of the MC Head Amp very well, so it should sound very nice. ;)

Thanks for that mate. Yes, I'll let you know how it sounds. Patiently waiting till then.

Hey mate. Got the Rega P6 TT yesterday and hooked her up. You weren't wrong. The MC head amp is fantastic. It's on another level. Sound quality is amazing. I've been streaming on Spotify lately, and the sound is just dull in comparison to vinyl spinning on the MC cartridge.

Back
Top Bottom