Unsurpassed Master Guitarist Playlist

Can we please have more "now playing" posting like this and less name checking of great guitar player posts. After all this is a playlist per the OP. It's more just fun to see what people are actually playing and see where the power of suggestion takes us.

Name-checkin' is o.k. with me, though I do rather enjoy the vids. But hell, check out posts #385 and 386 -- both "name-check" (of live performances) posted by yours truly.

Didn't read through the entire thread. Dave Edmunds and Link Wray are pretty good. Vince Gill can surprise you. David Bromberg.

I also like Earl Klugh, Pat Metheny, Wes Montgomery, George Benson. Never learned to appreciate Django somehow.

Roger McGuinn had a twelve-string guitar, it was like nothing I'd ever heard.
Lindsay Buckingham. Duane and Dickey.

BB King. Robert Johnson.

John Petrucci is amazing.

There is no end to this list, and I'm leaving out so many, some because I know they were mentioned multiple times already, but the best is whoever I'm in the mood to hear in the moment.

Didn't read through the entire thread. Dave Edmunds and Link Wray are pretty good. Vince Gill can surprise you. David Bromberg.

I also like Earl Klugh, Pat Metheny, Wes Montgomery, George Benson. Never learned to appreciate Django somehow.

Roger McGuinn had a twelve-string guitar, it was like nothing I'd ever heard.
Lindsay Buckingham. Duane and Dickey.

BB King. Robert Johnson.

John Petrucci is amazing.

There is no end to this list, and I'm leaving out so many, some because I know they were mentioned multiple times already, but the best is whoever I'm in the mood to hear in the moment.
Any recommendations for a playlist?

What can I say, I like Barney!
Find his stuff on Contemporary, you won't regret it.

EDIT: Even thru computer speakers, these guys' guitars have such superb tonal quality,...

Beppe is indeed a killer guitarist...as well as a very patient teacher and great storyteller...have had him as an instructor several times at the Kaufman Acoustic Kamp.

Who would think a guitarist from Italy would win the national flatpicking contest ;):)

Stanley Jordon on you tube there is a video of him doing Stairway to Heaven playing 2 guitars at the same time. Check it out impressive

Back
Top Bottom