New Power for my Kappa 9’s

I’m running the Denon DAP 2500 preamp for now. It sounds awesome!

I have a Sansui CA-2000 in the closet but I think I’ll run the Denon until I can eventually upgrade to the matching Accuphase preamp.

I believe that is the C-280. Sorta pricey so it may be awhile...

:eek2: Beautiful! I'm trying to decide on amplification for my Kappa 9s too. I have never owned any Accuphase stuff. very nice~!

I'm lucky enough to own 4 pieces of Accuphase gear. I have an E-202 integrated amp with the matching T-101 tuner that was powering a pair of modded Klipsch LaScalas.

I have the Accuphase P-800 amp and an Accuphase T-100 tuner in my main setup now with the Kappa 9's.

I am a believer. Build quality is second to none which you will see when you open one up. I have owned a lot of different gear through the years and the Accuphase gear outshines everything else I own or have owned.

The T-100 tuner is the best tuner I have yet to hear, period. I've had more than my share of tuners...

The P-800 is just a work of art plain and simple. It's amazing and I couldn't be happier with it. Probably the last amp I will ever buy. It reportedly can drive any speaker ever made and do it with ease. It has both a normal and low impedance setting to drive the most brutal speakers. I have been running it hard with the 9's and it has barely broken a sweat. Runs very cool and quiet. The soundstage is incredible. It's 104 lbs. of pure elegance.
Makes me want to listen to everything I own again because it seems like I'm really hearing it for the first time, seriously.

The Accuphase P-800 is a gorgeous TOTL vintage amp. That being said...if I owned that amp I personally would not let it near my K9's. At least not near the woofer end. Use it on the top end and get something else for the woofers. Why chance it? Yes I know the specs say it can handle down to 1ohm but face it you are "red lining" it. I sometimes wonder how much marketing influences some audio specs. Being able to handle dipping down to 1ohm for a bench tests vs powering speakers that always are at 1ohm are two different things.

The amp is gorgeous, and minty. I wanted an amp specifically suited for my K9’s without having to Biamp. I’m also an Accuphase fan...

I did a lot of research before buying this amp and mating it my 9’s in extended mode. It has endless grunt.

I can say that it sounds incredible, really. It doesn’t get hot at loud volume, just barely warm. The impedance curves look good on the spec sheet. It has dedicated breakers for left and right channels.

I don’t want to risk anything as I’m keeping this forever. I will take a second look at the impedance curves.

Thanks

If you could make a speaker out of a wet fork, the P800 could drive it and also make it sound pleasant. Fantastic purchase. Congratulations!

Haha. It sounded absolutely awesome until a 30 year old cap (or caps) went out. Time for a recap. And so the story goes...

Why do we do this to ourselves? Haha

Haha. It sounded absolutely awesome until a 30 year old cap (or caps) went out. Time for a recap. And so the story goes...

Why do we do this to ourselves? Haha

Yea i had a weak amp and the 9s toasted it alittle. I sent it in for a rebuild all good now. Lol. Just glad nothing else blew up.

Back
Top Bottom