Todays METAL playlist

Exciter - Heavy Metal Maniac
1983 Shrapnel Records Shrapnel 1004

https://www.discogs.com/Exciter-Heavy-Metal-Maniac/master/227733
005.jpg

004.jpg

001.jpg

That Rage - Out of Control album has interesting graphics. Looks like a modern interpretation of a Confederate battle flag. Wonder if that was the intent?
R-3404788-1329179069.jpeg.jpg

battle-flag-2a.jpg

Hmm, never really noticed that before.

They were a local band from Liverpool, so wouldn't think there is a Confederate connection, although the local shipyard (Cammell Laird) did build the CSS Alabama, for the American Confederate Government in 1862.

A long stretch........................

Hmm, never really noticed that before.

They were a local band from Liverpool, so wouldn't think there is a Confederate connection, although the local shipyard (Cammell Laird) did build the CSS Alabama, for the American Confederate Government in 1862.

A long stretch........................
Awesome bit of history there!!! I'm a Civil War buff. I knew it was built at the shipyard of Johnathan Laird from having learned the song Roll Alabama Roll. The song I.D.'s the shipyard as being in Birkenhead, which I just learned is across the Mersey River from Liverpool... Ithink it's just a coincidence about the Confederate flag, but you never know.

When the Alabama's keel was laid
Roll, Alabama, roll!
It was laid in the yard of Jonathan Laird
Oh, roll, Alabama, roll!

It was laid in the town of Birkenhead

Across the Mersey river she sailed then
And Liverpool fitted her with guns and men

From the Western Isles she sailed forth
To destroy all commerce of the North

Down to Cherbourg came she straight one day
For to take her toll in prize money

There many a sailor lad met his doom
When the ship Kearsarge hove in view

And a shot from the forward pivot that day
It shot the Alabama's stern away

In the three-mile limit, in sixty-five
The Alabama sunk to her grave

Awesome bit of history there!!! I'm a Civil War buff. I knew it was built at the shipyard of Johnathan Laird from having learned the song Roll Alabama Roll.

When the Alabama's keel was laid
Roll, Alabama, roll!
Oh, roll, Alabama, roll!

It was laid in the town of Birkenhead

Across the Mersey river she sailed then
And Liverpool fitted her with guns and men

From the Western Isles she sailed forth
To destroy all commerce of the North

Down to Cherbourg came she straight one day
For to take her toll in prize money

There many a sailor lad met his doom
When the ship Kearsarge hove in view

And a shot from the forward pivot that day
It shot the Alabama's stern away

In the three-mile limit, in sixty-five
The Alabama sunk to her grave

I actually worked in the shipyard from 1987 to 1992 building submarines and refitting historic warships.

Very cool. Ya never know what you're going to learn around here.
40 years ago I had a job with a defense contractor working on electrical schematics for nuclear submarines. Had no idea what I was seeing on the computer screen. All I did was make corrections to the schematics that the engineers were working on. Take out that resistor and add a diode or whatever.

Very cool. Ya never know what you're going to learn around here.
40 years ago I had a job with a defense contractor working on electrical schematics for nuclear submarines. Had no idea what I was seeing on the computer screen. All I did was make corrections to the schematics that the engineers were working on. Take out that resistor and add a diode or whatever.

Never got to work in a nuclear submarine. Closest I got was when we manufactured some of the bulkhead, but that was just a giant hoop. The subs I built were just the smaller hunter-killer diesel/electric type. Still my favourite ever job!

Back
Top Bottom