Help on Mcintosh Parts 087-050

ken8168

I suspect my C2300 has problem in one of reed relay for balance input , parts 087-050, does anyone know what the brand name and model number is? I know from service menu that it is 5v 1A 500 ohm. Thx

Don't you find that in SM ?

Thanks. SM doesn’t show the brand and model number of the part. Just says 5v 1A 500ohm.

I opened the cover and checked. The part is Hamlin HE3321A0400 Reed Relay 5V 1A 500ohm

The symptom of the problem:
1. Sometimes left channel of CD Balance input low voice compared to right channel. The difference is in certain rate.
2. When I switched to use RCA of CD, no problem
3. Use other balance input (DVD, CD-R...) No problem
4. Use MM/MC input no problem.
5. Switch back to use CD balance input, problem happen.
6. When I press “Mono”, the sound from both channels are balance.

So I guess one of relays (total two relays for pin 2 and pin 3) of Balance input of CD has problem.

I don’t understand why such standard part failed too early. The age of my C2300 is approx 7 years old.

Hopefully someone will let you know. I had to order some Transistors(1900) from Mac to then Post the Mouser Part number here...Something you made need to do.

Last edited:
Hopefully someone will let you know. I had to order some Transistors(1900) from Mac to then Post the Mouser Part number here...Something you made need to do.

I ordered Hamlin HE3321A0400 and replaced all four reed relays for CD’s balance input, problem resolved.

Back
Top Bottom