Sansui AU-alpha 907XR photos

pete_mac

So much goodness inside this piece of Sansui audio artistry - it's the best sounding Sansui that I've had in my system. Built like a tank at 33kg with copper goodness throughout, including solid copper feet, a 13kg Tamura transformer, Elna Silmic Alpha Gold caps, Silmic filter caps, Riken resistors, and teflon sound deadening and resonance control everywhere. 160WPC @ 8 ohms.

907xr 1.jpg 907xr 2.jpg 907xr 3.jpg 907xr 4.jpg 907xr 7.jpg 907xr 8.jpg 907xr 9.jpg 907xr 10.jpg

Aw Pete, now don't go all "xxkg Tamura transformer, and xx number of Riken resistors" on me, I don't think I could bear it. :D

But seriously, it is really beautiful, inside and out. ;)

When I released the 907LTD/XR service manual I did think about just showing a picture of the front cover as a tease/joke (with the intention of releasing later after some fun).... wasn't sure anyone would get it.

I’m a sucker for the Alpha line, same with the early Pioneer elite stuff. The late 80s early 90s upper end gear is where it’s at.

You should check out the Onkyo A919, the accuphase E303x, Pioneer elite A91d and the 71. :)

Some of those pieces look (and I'm sure sound) lovely!!

Some of those pieces look (and I'm sure sound) lovely!!

I collect integrated amps, the 71 is my top amp. The others id just love to have. :) just landed my 1st sansui this past weekend. I’ve recapped a 717 for a friend, but never owned a Sansui myself. Got lucky and found an Eight. Really dig your 907, it’s a work of art. :)

Back
Top Bottom