Todays METAL playlist

Venom - Welcome To Hell
1981 Neat Records NEAT 1002 Italian Pressing

https://www.discogs.com/Venom-Welcome-To-Hell/master/57700
017.jpg

018.jpg

EDIT: The "A Side" label is a misprint of sorts. All of the black printing has a ghost in gray. The "B Side" doesn't look like this.
016.jpg

Last edited:
Soulfly - Soulfly

Cover.JPG
Source: HP dc7600 Small Form Factor PC
Player: Winamp 2.95 with 250+ band Equalizer v1.62 for Winamp by Nevi
DAC: AudioQuest DragonFly v1.2
Preamplifier: B&K Components, Ltd. PT5
Amplifier: B&K Components, Ltd. ST125.2
Speakers: KLH 9154

(old pic alert)

:thumbsup:
(old pic alert)
002.jpg

That EP...what a great introduction to the Joey Belladonna years of Anthrax. They were poised and ready for global domination in my opinion, but Metallica buried everyone. Still, there were enough scraps left on the table for all the good bands to get their fill.

Have you noticed how thin the vinyl is on this EP? My copy is almost translucent!

Hallows Eve - Tales Of Terror
1985 Combat/Metal Blade Records MX 8027, MBR 1042

https://www.discogs.com/Hallows-Eve-Tales-Of-Terror/master/126545
003.jpg

004.jpg

002.jpg

This and their 2nd LP, Death & Insanity, are two of my favorites from that time period. I saw Hallows Eve opening for Agnostic Front and Motorhead, touring for the D&I album. They killed it so hard. Such a good live band. Agnostic came out after them and tore the place up.

Motorhead was on the Orgasmatron tour (one of my favorite Motorhead albums) and I was so pumped to see them. Some Agnostic fans attacked Lemmy's mike stand and spit on him a few times. He shut the show down mid-way through the fourth song. The punks ripped the mirrors off the Motorhead tour bus after the show. It was something to see.

This and their 2nd LP, Death & Insanity, are two of my favorites from that time period. I saw Hallows Eve opening for Agnostic Front and Motorhead, touring for the D&I album. They killed it so hard. Such a good live band. Agnostic came out after them and tore the place up.

Motorhead was on the Orgasmatron tour (one of my favorite Motorhead albums) and I was so pumped to see them. Some Agnostic fans attacked Lemmy's mike stand and spit on him a few times. He shut the show down mid-way through the fourth song. The punks ripped the mirrors off the Motorhead tour bus after the show. It was something to see.
Agreed. Those two albums are speed metal royalty. I saw them once, I believe in support of the second album. I think Necros opened for them.

Have you noticed how thin the vinyl is on this EP? My copy is almost translucent!
I just weighed my Anthrax on vinyl collection. They're all first pressings.

Fistful of Metal = 104 grams
Spreading The Disease = 113 grams
Armed And Dangerous EP = 112 grams
Among The Living = 114 grams
I'm The Man/Sabbath Bloody Sabbath EP=113 grams.
So Armed And Dangerous doesn't stand out as being lighter than the others, and the debut album is the lightest by far.
001.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom