What was the last movie you watched?

I've never seen the '78 version, but from your descriptions (ie, including @KeninDC), I need to find and view a copy. Thanks for the reviews and suggestions.

Definitely check out the 1978 Invasion of the Body Snatchers. However IMO the two subsequent remakes seriously miss the mark and are not worth the effort.

Definitely check out the 1978 Invasion of the Body Snatchers. However IMO the two subsequent remakes seriously miss the mark and are not worth the effort.

I snagged a copy of the '78 release, might even watch it tonight. Thanks again to you and @KeninDC for bringing it to my attention.

Finally got around to watching ‘Three billboards outside Ebbing, Missouri’, what a cracking movie. Frances McDormand excellent as usual, Sam Rockwell, well he rocked.

Invasion Of The Body Snatchers
(Kaufman, 1978)

* I very much enjoyed this version of the film. The scenes w/ Kevin McCarthy reprising, albeit briefly, his final scene in the 1956 version of the film, and '56 version's director, Don Siegel, pulling duty as "The Cabbie", were nice touches. As for that Balladeer + Boxer (dog) thing... oh my. D. Sutherland's turn @ the film's final scene was also stirring.

Thanks in earnest, as ol' member teal'c -- see previous posts ^^^ -- suggested my expression of gratitude before watching the film was, um, premature (?), members @Imprecise & @KeninDC.

Went and saw the latest Mission Impossible movie. Another good one in the franchise. Caught it at the discount theater after realizing it had already come and gone from the premium theaters. 3 admissions, medium popcorn and 2 medium drinks, $22.50. Much better.

The Naked Kiss (1964) Dir: Samuel Fuller, Criterion Bluray.

This films opens with a bald woman beating the crap out of a man with a shoe, after that it just gets weird.

A Prostitute moves to a small town and tries to go straight, but her desire to beat (admittedly bad) men & madames with inanimate objects causes her problems.

Inept dialog & acting but fascinating nonetheless.

nk.jpg

Cloud Atlas on Netflix - I liked it

945434_713333548676889_1708184519_n.jpg

The First Purge - I enjoyed this one like all the others but the first was the best. This one goes back in time to show how it started as an experiment. The only thing that bugged me like some other movies was the over use of the N word by people of color in the movie and all the crappy gangsta music. There is no need for all that.

The First Purge - I enjoyed this one like all the others but the first was the best. This one goes back in time to show how it started as an experiment. The only thing that bugged me like some other movies was the over use of the N word by people of color in the movie and all the crappy gangsta music. There is no need for all that.

More than Sam L Jackson in Pulp Fiction?

Back
Top Bottom