Today's Irish/Scottish/English folk playlist

ww1j.jpg

VAUGHAN WILLIAMS
Serenade to Music; The Lark Ascending; Fantasia on Greensleeves; English Folk Song Suite; In the Fen Country; Norfolk Rhapsody No. 1
Ralph Vaughan Williams
London Symphony Orchestra
New Philharmonia Orchestra

Sir Adrian Boult - conductor

EMI

If I may jump in, Mary Black is a fine traditional Irish singer. I first heard her when a friend of mine came back from Ireland with a copy of General Humbert back in 1978. Some good stuff on that record. She has a fine voice.

If I may jump in, Mary Black is a fine traditional Irish singer. I first heard her when a friend of mine came back from Ireland with a copy of General Humbert back in 1978. Some good stuff on that record. She has a fine voice.
:thumbsup:Became a little commercial/over-produced later on unfortunately.
"Isle of St.Helena"is wonderful:)

I had the VHS of Gael Force many years ago. Also got the DVD version when it came out later. Love it. Haven't watched it for awhile. May have to make some time for it.

I believe I subscribed to PBS in Milwaukee to get the CD, I liked it that much at the time. And this was one sets that convinced I could like Irish music.

MIC

Last edited:
IMG_7689.JPG

I'm on a harp kick tonight but, it began yesterday. These two are incredible. Patsy Seddon (left) plays "a gut strung harp" and Mary Macmaster plays a harp "strung with brass, phosphor bronze and steel harpsichord wire."

Back
Top Bottom