Infinity Kappa 8.1i tweeter replacement

BenjaminQC

Hi everyone!

It seems to me that this would be the best place to ask my question! I have a blown-up tweeter on my Infinity Kappa 8.1i and I will need to replace it before I sell them soon (moving from a house to an apartment...) The tweeter is the EMIT-R, which has the model number 902-5754-1481. There are a lot of 902-4578 for sale on eBay that look the same, could I replace mine with these? If so, do I need to replace both with these to make sure they match?

Thank you very much for your help!

Benjamin

I'm fairly (but not 100%) sure that they're pretty much the same, the difference in model number possibly referring to a later version with a different design silkscreened on the front.

The housing/plastic is different on many of them. If you have buyers for the 8.1 like I would be if I were looking. The below would be true if I looked at your speakers. Of course it just depends on the price the seller sees them being offered at as well. Top dollar and I would expect the original type drivers. and I want to add, it is a PITA to change the Emit-R driver to a new plastic housing. Yours possibly might be the middle one? If you have the first series btw. But you get the drift, get the one that matches the text of the other speaker if at all possible. Should be pretty simple, these tweeters come up for sale quite often.

No
XYD1Cdm.jpg

No
ctbxkxL.jpg

Yes
ZJY1ecn.jpg

Last edited:
The housing/plastic is different on many of them. If you have buyers for the 8.1 like I would be if I were looking. The below would be true if I looked at your speakers. Of course it just depends on the price the seller sees them being offered at as well. Top dollar and I would expect the original type drivers. and I want to add, it is a PITA to change the Emit-R driver to a new plastic housing.
I'm having trouble interpreting what you're saying. The tweeters in all three pics you posted look the same except for the label. What's the difference? Are they different diameters?

I'm having trouble interpreting what you're saying. The tweeters in all three pics you posted look the same except for the label. What's the difference? Are they different diameters?

lol. Sorry. The driver is the same. The print is different. I would match the plastic housing (or print on it) to the original ones. If it is the Series I Kappa it might be that of the middle pic.

Last edited:
Hi everyone!

It seems to me that this would be the best place to ask my question! I have a blown-up tweeter on my Infinity Kappa 8.1i and I will need to replace it before I sell them soon (moving from a house to an apartment...) The tweeter is the EMIT-R, which has the model number 902-5754-1481. There are a lot of 902-4578 for sale on eBay that look the same, could I replace mine with these? If so, do I need to replace both with these to make sure they match?

Thank you very much for your help!

Benjamin

Why not take them with u. The 8.1s sound great in small spaces on low. You’ll regret it or just store them somewhere. What do I know I’m in a townhome smaller than some apartments with 8.1s and Kappa 9s.

Well, the OP hasn't been back yet, but I just had a look in my spare EMIT stash. I have three EMIT-Rs, all with vastly different numbers, but other than the printing they look almost identical (well, one, from a Kappa Video, I believe, has a bucking magnet, and the holes are reversed, so if you tried to mount it in a Kappa 8.1 the printing would be upside down). I think you won't hear a difference going from one to another.

Back
Top Bottom