What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Hey fellas window shopping for a semi cheap 80's TT, no more than 4 inches in height, preferably Technics, belt or DD, and under a C note. P mount is OK.
I need another TT like I need a hole in the head but I need one that's slim enough to fit in a bedroom mini rack.
Doesn;t have to be fancy, just has to sound acceptable and be durable...
Any suggestions on a model?

Man I recently, (at some time this year) lol traded away a technics table with an AT Pmount. It was the one I got with that adcom gear, 200 series or something... low buck but sounded pretty good. Thing was mint as could be. Was from 87, thing was auto everything, and no arm adjustments, it was set up by the factory... let me google it to find the model. You can find them for like $40-60 bucks. I got a stack of LPs for mine. The lady who got it was stoked. She sent me a long text after saying it was the best sound quality in a turntable she has ever had... lol haha it was really mint. And I had lubed it and put a new belt on it. She was just getting back into her vinyl from the 70s and it was her 1sr table in years. Man that was a fun one. And she gave me that All in the family LP lol.... thanks for sparking all that!

Hey fellas window shopping for a semi cheap 80's TT, no more than 4 inches in height, preferably Technics, belt or DD, and under a C note. P mount is OK.
I need another TT like I need a hole in the head but I need one that's slim enough to fit in a bedroom mini rack.

I think it may have been a Technics SL Q200.
There one on eBay for 89 bucks...

Man I recently, (at some time this year) lol traded away a technics table with an AT Pmount. It was the one I got with that adcom gear, 200 series or something... low buck but sounded pretty good. Thing was mint as could be. Was from 87, thing was auto everything, and no arm adjustments, it was set up by the factory... let me google it to find the model. You can find them for like $40-60 bucks. I got a stack of LPs for mine. The lady who got it was stoked. She sent me a long text after saying it was the best sound quality in a turntable she has ever had... lol haha it was really mint. And I had lubed it and put a new belt on it. She was just getting back into her vinyl from the 70s and it was her 1sr table in years. Man that was a fun one. And she gave me that All in the family LP lol.... thanks for sparking all that!
Great story. It's always the best when someone you pass things on to are appreciated by others.
Kind of got my eye on this little Technics sl b35 the guy only wants $39 for and cheap shipping. It fits the size requirements, uses P-mount, which I have a few extra seldom used carts anyway but is missing the dust cover, which is ok because it's all going under a spring hinged glass lid anyway.
That is my vertical height restrictions. Considered a linear model but I get the hint they can have headache issues and I want nice and simple.
Adjustable needle force, anti-skate and a night light is a bonus on a P-mount as most don;t include that.
The whole next move here is swapping the Rotel tuner, NAD preamp and Adcom GFA 535 into the bedroom.
But a TT is neeed for thos occasional Vangelis and other ambient drift-off-to-sleep music nights...
Screen Shot 2018-11-08 at 5.34.01 PM.png

What about a linear tracking TT? I was just looking at this Realistic lab-1600 TT. It's exactly 4" high.

IMG_5175.JPG IMG_5176.JPG

Back
Top Bottom