KG 4.5... better than KG 4 ?

biscuithead

Me likes the eargasm retroplasm...
I have an opportunity to pick up some KG 4.5s...

I currently own:

KG 4

2 pair of Heresy

1 k-horn clone

Cornwalls

Forte ii

Lascallas

I am a little Klipsch crazy, where does the 4.5 fall in the mix? I know I love the tractix, but are the 4.5s "better" than the 4s ?

a little more efficient and dig aa little deeper...they may do better as HT type speakers from what you already own...I believe PWK still had a hand in the kg4s but not so much the KG 4.5s which in the end were a step down from the top of the line KG 5.5s...good luck with your choice

Bill

I had the opportunity to compare them and never did. Heard the 4 more than the 4.5 and lean toward the former. I don't see it as a clear upgrade, myself. In light of the other Klipsch you own, I don't see the advantage in pursuing it, other than just curiosity and a new toy. But, sometimes, that is all that's needed - just to have a little fun.

I would suggest branching out into some other brands you know you like. Something different enough from Klipsch to open another sound window, 'cause that's fun, too.

Oops, forgot I was posting in Klipsch Korner. No insults to the brand intended. I do enjoy my Forte, a lot.

I had the opportunity to compare them and never did. Heard the 4 more than the 4.5 and lean toward the former. I don't see it as a clear upgrade, myself. In light of the other Klipsch you own, I don't see the advantage in pursuing it, other than just curiosity and a new toy. But, sometimes, that is all that's needed - just to have a little fun.

I would suggest branching out into some other brands you know you like. Something different enough from Klipsch to open another sound window, 'cause that's fun, too.

Oops, forgot I was posting in Klipsch Korner. No insults to the brand intended. I do enjoy my Forte, a lot.

I think it is time to curb my enthusiasm with everything Klipsch. I just want to pounce when a local sale comes up with one I don't have...
I have an unhealthy amount of speakers, the Klipsch are just the tip of the iceberg.

Thanks !

I think it is time to curb my enthusiasm with everything Klipsch. I just want to pounce when a local sale comes up with one I don't have...
I have an unhealthy amount of speakers, the Klipsch are just the tip of the iceberg.

Thanks !

Yeah, I know what you mean. There's a really nice pair of KG4 in walnut on CL locally. Every time I see them, I just want to buy, but have absolutely no need.

Last edited:
I think the KG 4 is the best sounding of the KG line but I would still take a pair of Hersey’s over any of em....

Back
Top Bottom