1 Hour to listen

cassette

What would you do? I vary between headphones, retreating to my listening room for quiet jazz, or risking it for louder music. Sometimes my music room is loud jazz, 80s music, or classical. Spin a disc? go digital? tape?
What is your go to music time for 1 hour ?
A

What would you do? I vary between headphones, retreating to my listening room for quiet jazz, or risking it for louder music. Sometimes my music room is loud jazz, 80s music, or classical. Spin a disc? go digital? tape?
A
WKAR.org
Classical
On my Technics SA 800 OHM model H and I

IMG_20180914_134135241.jpg
Wife's in the next room sleeping with the fan on...
I keep the volume below 70db on cell phone Decibel App

A
Turn a Fan on in your families bedrooms and then there's No Issue

Don't have a one-hour go-to choice. And now that I consider it, no any-hour go-to choice. Sometimes that may mean listening to one genre for awhile, and sometimes it's just a schizoid genre-jumping mass of whatever strikes my fancy, and I like classical, rock, several types of jazz, progressive rock, country, blues, swing, vocal stylists, soul, film orchestration, fusion, and the beat goes on...

After-hours, headphones and jazz unless I'm feeling energetic then maybe 80s or something like Sabbath. When I can crank it anything goes.

Glad to see you are not on death row as suggested by the title of the post. I have no specific time or choice of music. In fact, if I am engaged in listening, I likely wouldn't be checking the time....

I don't have a go to source, list or preferred genre.

I just turn on the system, set Roon playback mode to Random on a 900 file digital playlist and just let the music play...

If it's late...headphones.
Daytime and nobody cares...speakers.
Source...if I want to critically listen...vinyl
If I think there's a chance I'll fall asleep before the album ends and the needle will spin until I wake...stream

Since my vinyl setup takes awhile to warm up I usually stream for about an hour before I switch over to vinyl.

Whew, glad I am not on death row too! It isn't really a restriction, but rather, the day is done, things are quiet, and I have time to myself sort of thing. I normally go into my office, close the door and listen to speakers, but then there are times headphones on the couch with some jazz in front of the fireplace is nice too.

A

Streaming 90% of the time. When my wife leaves for work the morning and my AM talk show is over at 1000 I start streaming. I have about 30 different Spotify playlists that I listen to...just about any genre except hip hop or the toothpaste commercial type of jazz. The music is on all day until my wife gets home. We have dinner, watch our shows then head in to the bedroom. Sometimes we watch more TV in there or listen to one of the two systems in the bedroom. When 2100 comes the lights go off but the going to sleep playlist gets played. I have a Sansui system timer for both of the systems so it shuts off after two hours. Then at 00520 the system comes on to wake us up to the same playlist. We get our money's worth out of Spotify Premium for sure.

Onec in a great while I will listen to the radio or play a CD.....even more rarely I listen to vinyl.

20181110_125709.jpg

20181023_112103.jpg

During the week I have to allot time for music in the evening. At least I can listen to music all day at work as all I do is look at spreadsheets all day. I do about half hour of music 15 to 20 mins of you tube as there is just too much cool stuff related to music on there to ignore. Then there is dinner with the wife to catch up on the day then the dog wants to watch tv and play with his squeaker ball for the last 2 hours and it's bed time.
:beerchug:
On the weekend all bets are off. When I'm in my music room it's whatever I'm feeling with no restrictions! I might listen to one Led Zep song and the next thing you know it's 2:00 in the afternoon and I'm just finishing my Zepathon!

Rock On Chris
:beatnik:

Don't have a one-hour go-to choice. And now that I consider it, no any-hour go-to choice. Sometimes that may mean listening to one genre for awhile, and sometimes it's just a schizoid genre-jumping mass of whatever strikes my fancy, and I like classical, rock, several types of jazz, progressive rock, country, blues, swing, vocal stylists, soul, film orchestration, fusion, and the beat goes on...

^^^ This, stealing this answer as it pretty much fits, mix the genres up a little.

One hour is enough time for an album … either Vinyl or Streaming. Less than hour .. Sirius XM on the Dish Hopper.

Back
Top Bottom