Neil Young

After you digest Decade get Live Rust, Rust Never Sleeps, After the Goldrush, and On the Beach. My favorite record outside of those classic LPs is Reactor, good hard rock from Crazy Horse. Greendale is a good Crazy Horse rocker too.

great starting points. thanks.

Start at the Neil Young Archive, he started a free site with 90% of his music posted of his whole life that he has control of.

https://www.neilyoungarchives.com/#/?_k=023j6f

When you find titles you like let me know, I have a lot of his heavy hitters when records where common. He has also put most of his catalogue out on new vinyl over the years. Since he's a picky SOB generally lot's of the reissues are done top notch, I can help you here also picking out the good copies.

Start at the Neil Young Archive, he started a free site with 90% of his music posted of his whole life that he has control of.

https://www.neilyoungarchives.com/#/?_k=023j6f

When you find titles you like let me know, I have a lot of his heavy hitters when records where common. He has also put most of his catalogue out on new vinyl over the years. Since he's a picky SOB generally lot's of the reissues are done top notch, I can help you here also picking out the good copies.

An excellent suggestion Dan.

These are my picks as well.

When he started putting his whole catalogue on vinyl again they where releasing box sets on RSD. These albums fall into the 5-8 box set I have two of these still sealed. I also have 8.5-12 but wish I had the 1-4 box set too.

IMG_1214.jpg

Vinyl recommendations. It's funny, Neil wouldn't release several of his old albums on digital media for a long time; saying something to the effect that these records really need be played on analog equipment to be appreciated. The list is...

Journey Through The Past (OST)
Time Fades Away
On The Beach
American Stars'n'Bars
Hawks & Doves
Re-ac-tor

The last time I checked, the last four were finally released on CD and Time Fades away was only available as a digital download for Pono.

I just picked up a Vinyl copy of Neil & The Santa Monica Flyer performing Tonight's The Night songs, live at the Roxy in '73. It sounds great! There is a tiny white spot in the vinyl (recycled?).

If it's available on Vinyl Ragged Glory is one of Neil's more rockier outings with Crazy Horse. Saw this tour,they were amazing.

Back
Top Bottom