Infinity RS1.5....Impressive

Speedbump71

Buried in speakers
Subscriber
Just got done refinishing and refoaming a set of RS1.5.

These are great. Incredible speakers for their size. I wasn't really expecting much, but I couldn't even wait for the dustcaps to go on I just slapped the woofers in (to be honest I was worried I had a voice coil rub so I assembled everything to test with the woofers loaded).

Cabinets were stripped, bleached, and refinished in golden oak. Front and rear have a new coat of Duratex.

These really make me want to finish up my Kappa 9's.

Just a couple of pics before I finish everything up. Don't want to unhook them yet :)

IMG_0169.JPG

IMG_0170.JPG

IMG_0171.JPG

They compare very well. I was not expecting the amount of bass the RS1.5s produce, which I think is one of the Model I's real strong points. I like the EMIT tweeter very much as well.

I really need to get them off the ground a bit, and do some critical listening after this evening's "fluff and buff" session is complete. They came with the "Dog Ear" stands, but no way are those things going back on :thumbsdown:

I regret letting mine go. That Watkins woofer is fantastic, and I'm a big fan of the EMIT.

bs

Yea , I really dig how they sound in the loft (lots of space). They will sound better when you get them off the floor.
Mine came with these stands.IMG_0812.JPG IMG_0812.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_2428.JPG
    IMG_2428.JPG
    75.8 KB · Views: 23
Love that veneer, I had a pair but damned if can remember what I did with them. Glad your both enjoying them !

Ohm Model I = different league
What are you basing that on? Yeah, the price of the Ohms was about 50% higher than the Infinity, but spec-wise, they only go slightly lower, and I'm sure the EMIT blows away the domes on the Ohm.

What are you basing that on? Yeah, the price of the Ohms was about 50% higher than the Infinity, but spec-wise, they only go slightly lower, and I'm sure the EMIT blows away the domes on the Ohm.
Based on experience and personal opinion regardless of cost or type of tweeter.
The 1.5 is a nice conventional box speaker but compared to the Ohm Model I it can't compete with the OHM Model I's design with dedicated "subwoofer" and more significantly the 360 degree dispersion of the 8" midbass driver capabilities.
I find the Model I presents a more realistic out of the box sound than the Infinitys.
More satisfying most respects.

I wouldn't use my 1.5 for critical listening but they certainly proved awesome for rocking with a strong amp driving them. Great dynamics for rock punch. I bought mine new back in the day when I got my first decent paying job past high school and spent a lot of hours blasting Rush and Van Halen vinyls through them. I have great memories of friends seeking to tweak their perspectives and zone on the best of 1970s Pink Floyd through the 1.5. Best of times, really.

Sorry your set has holes in the sides for those stupid dog ear stands.

Great job! They look fantastic.

My father in law gave me a pair of these many years ago. The woofers needed restored. I didn't know what I had at the time. I sold them for next to nothing. Knowing what I know now. That buyer probably still is smiling from the deal. It makes me a little sick thinking about it. Still kicking myself.

I got mine from a guy near me for a song. Unfortunately he drill holes in the cabinets to hang them in his garage. So guess what, there hanging in my garage...

Back
Top Bottom