Audio-gd Fans

Mr P

I have the feeling the A1 will sound like the rest of their past audio electronics... Extremely Neutral

Some say too Clinical

We'll see/hear soon

Thanks... Like I need another amp :eek:

Older stuff... NFB 17.2 DAC and NFB 6 Pre

Also ordered another pair of ACSS cable. So they will all be wired the same

That combination should give you a great opportunity to hear what Kingwa wants you to hear. I have never seen or heard one of his amps. Curious what was shipping cost?

My guess is it will take a good 200 hours to burn in? I would just leave it on for 3-4 weeks. Does he provide any bias adjustment procedures with the amp? The reason I ask is every new SS amp I have ever owned needed a final tweak 6 months after break in.

Congrats on the new amp! That layout looks really intelligent.

I love the cable name "ACSS", doesn't that Acronym apply to the cable type "Aluminum Conductor Steel Supported" used for overhead lines? Funny coincidence...

@ stoutblock - Yes , my experiences w/their equipment have shown long 'burn in' time is needed. I believe they will burn in 48 or 72 hrs before shipping. I will do my best to get an answer from them on bias adjustment. As you know , communication can be a problem

@ Sandstrom - ACSS is similar to what Krell used to do (maybe still ?)

@ stoutblock - Yes , my experiences w/their equipment have shown long 'burn in' time is needed. I believe they will burn in 48 or 72 hrs before shipping. I will do my best to get an answer from them on bias adjustment. As you know , communication can be a problem

My guess it will take much longer for this SS amp to burn in completely.

Verdict?

About the bias adjustment... email from them said (in my words) it is biased when assembled then re-biased after burn-in before shipping. No further biasing needed (that is what I gathered from their reply)

Of course I've not opened it up yet - would break the warranty seal - to look inside

About the SQ: I've found the setup DAC --> Pre --> Amp sound better to me using XLR interconnects instead of the ACSS. Overall the whole setup is very neutral if not a bit bright. Will not mask poor recordings. About the slight brightness: with the right speakers it is more than just OK sounding :thumbsup:

I would leave it on for several weeks hopefully with a load connected and source inputs.

February 2019

Audio-gd goes Tube (again?)

Master 1 Vacuum PreAmp

Tubes: 6H2N-EB and 6U4N-EB

http://www.audio-gd.com/HE/MV1/MV1EN.htm

MV15.jpg

MV12.png

Back
Top Bottom