Differences in preamps...In generalities...

WhiteSE

Is Lute Gluten Free??
Subscriber
I am looking with a raised eyebrow at this 71A preamp, which can also function as a 1W amp....wondering how would it compare to my 6SN7 preamp.

Its this one, here in this link...seller is local to me.
http://soundgate.net/product/NDgx.highend

Mine is a simpler 6SN7 driver point to point wired made in Hong Kong.
index.php

index.php

or with 7N7
index.php

Updated caps (obligatto)
index.php

Well, they're both tube preamps. They both appear to be typical single stage amps. I don't know exactly what difference(s) you're looking for, but I would guess that there wouldn't be much of a difference in sound quality or volume unless there is a significant difference in the tubes or some other component that would affect the sound or volume. What do you think might be different?

I am looking with a raised eyebrow at this 71A preamp, which can also function as a 1W amp....wondering how would it compare to my 6SN7 preamp.

I don't know why you ask a question if you don't come back to the thread to see an answer. :idea:

...maybe someone already had experience using these 2 tubes in preamps. I am not trying to find absolutes, just opinions. and I will get back to this thread whenever I can....

Some of you have to lighten up.

I know you have been around the block a few times, so I don't have to tell you, the gain of many of China's clone's do not have the same gain as a Dyna PAS3. The 7C marantz clones don't hold a candle to the real thing. I had a modded PAS3 that ate my 7C for breakfast. There are clear audible differences between pre's. Repaireability and reliability are important to me!

LOL ... "speed of reply" to questions asked?? When did that become a criteria for audio gear?? Hmm ...how long for an answer on that questions?? Seconds, minuets, hours, day,s weeks months or years??? Who knows ... this stuff is not "life or death??" Just saying. :)

LOL ... "speed of reply" to questions asked?? When did that become a criteria for audio gear?? Hmm ...how long for an answer on that questions?? Seconds, minuets, hours, day,s weeks months or years??? Who knows ... this stuff is not "life or death??" Just saying. :)
LOL ...29 minuets! How did I survive?? :)

Back
Top Bottom