Boise, Idaho

Yeah selwaycrags, Nice Jbox!
I had a lot of fun Sunday! Great bunch of !
Thanks to Drugolf for dragging his Bozak Concert Grands to the meet. A literal wall of sound and very good sound at that! Also thanks to Tia for bringing his Sherwood tube amp.
RayN - let me know when you want to do that soldering project on your receiver.

Hey all, I just spent a lovely afternoon in Monte's workshop checking out his DQ-10s and newly acquired Martin-Logans. (Thanks, Monte!) He clued me in to the local AK contingent. You'd think for all the hours I've wasted on AK I'd have figured out this group was here. Sorry to have missed the previous gatherings but would love to be included in the next one.

Cheers,
Michael

Nice to meet you Michael. If you do encourage you to join our FB page Boise Vintage Audioholics Society.

Hey Michael!
We have a Facebook Group too if interested.

Thanks, I just applied again. Pretty sure I joined back when you first told me about it as I remember answering the same 3 questions. Maybe I needed to follow up with a reply or something? I’ll try to pay better attention this time.

Hey all! Found this thread through @lifer70 (Monte??) . I am a Hailey, Idaho type since Feb, 1998 (Tacoma before that), and have been registered since 2012 at the forum, but just recently started participating. Will be glad to meet some of you all here, and maybe at a gathering if another one happens!

EDIT, and now I see Monte has DQ-10's! Always glad to meet another Dahlquist fan. I just brought my DQM-5's back to life, my original speakers from my youth. Very glad to have them operating again!

Also, if possible, I would love to try to come to the next gathering as well! Have a weekend job during the winter coaching kids skiing up here, but depending on when a gathering happens, maybe I can make it!

sunvalleylaw,
We'll keep you informed when we get together usually 3 - 4 times a year.

Dahlquist made a good product,
I've owned DQ-8's, DQ-905's, and now the DQ-10's and all sound great!

sunvalleylaw,
We'll keep you informed when we get together usually 3 - 4 times a year.

Dahlquist made a good product,
I've owned DQ-8's, DQ-905's, and now the DQ-10's and all sound great!
I probably have some m903's coming for my office. (and may pick up another pair of 5's from @Drugolf at some point if he still has them.)

Will look forward to getting together with you guys and meeting you all in person!

Hey, just bumping this thread. Was over for the Record Swap at the Basque Center, and looking forward to any other club events. Keep me posted!

Hello from just a bit south of you guys. I've got an older Pioneer that needs some love and is more than I think I have the skills to tackle. We've got what is regarded as a good shop here in SLC but they are 9 months out so I'm looking for some other options. I found Sounds Alive Stereo in Eagle via google. Seems like he has good reviews. I called and talked to him, seems like a nice guy, he works out of his house and his prices seem pretty fair. I'm wondering if any of you guys have ever used him or know much about him?

Several folks in Boise use Precision Electronics in Twin Falls, ID.
Brad has many years experience repairing vintage electronics, is very fair on his prices, and gets work done quickly.
I'm very satisfied with Brad's work.

Back
Top Bottom