Our 1st Snowstorm of the Year?

jcamero

Who are you people anyway?
Could receive 6" or more of the heavy "heart attack" type snow. Dug out the snow blower, aired up the tires, added gas, started right up! Mom, 40 miles south could get 10".

I think we are going to miss the brunt of it. The heavy snow is forecasted for southern Iowa.

Tonight
A 30 percent chance of snow, mainly after midnight. Cloudy, with a low around 24. Blustery, with a north wind 7 to 16 mph, with gusts as high as 24 mph. Little or no snow accumulation expected.

Last edited:
We are upgraded to a Winter Storm Warning. The snow totals are only about 6", but the 30mph winds may cause issues.

Already been there, done that--my primary residence is just south of Erie, PA, and we already had a foot, secondary residence is Pittsburgh, PA, and we've had a little, and I can't wait to see what's up with my hunting camps in Clarion and Cook's Forest--but Bambi beware on Monday (opening day of rifle/deer season here in PA).

Don't you have year around car hunting savatage1973:).We had our first foot plus of snow awhile ago ,now its raining so all my packing of snow was for naught.

Started my snowblower today.

Did yearly plug and oil and she started right up.

We've had 3 snow days with an inch or less.

Don't you have year around car hunting

Yeah--pretty much correct. I just don't know if it is cars hunting deer or deer hunting cars. I know so many people that have been hit by a deer in their car, as opposed to them actually hitting a deer with their car. I think its damned near 50/50 these days--state is littered with them.

Yeah, the deer are almost as much a pest as Canadian geese where we live. (My Canadian friends call them "shit hawks." :D )

That storm blew right past us with nothing but rain, and some snow that fell but melted almost immediately. Other areas north and west of us got the snow to stick.

Well, we're doing our "civic duty"--there are 4 bucks hanging in the shed out back. At the camp out here in Cook's Forest, we are a "motley" group--6 guys, 4 dogs (two German Shepherds, a Bloodhound and a Lab), us armed to the teeth and them armed with teeth. We'll play one more day (today), and then bail out. Gotta take them home, thaw them out and then process them. It is right around 20 F here right now with wind-chill of just a hair over 10 F, so no spoilage issues--fresh jerky by next week! :thumbsup:

Another "they got it wrong" forecast. We only got 4", maybe slightly more. 30 miles south, the received 12". Still had to shovel.

We got it here... (Chicago area). up to 13" of the heavy wet stuff blowing around.

It's Thursday morning, (snowed Sunday night) and my minivan's big side and back doors are is still frozen shut.
The heater over 45 minutes of running didn't cut it.
later today the temperature is supposed to get over freezing.

Back
Top Bottom