kr-4070

aje123

Hey all, I may be getting a kr-4070 if this guy ever gets back with me for $45. He says he still has it,but we will see. Is it a decent smaller reciever? I believe its 40wpc,and Kenwood made alot of them.Thank You

They are pretty good especially for $45
Anywhere online they go for $100+ so even if you don't like it, you can sell it for more

Thanks ,thats what i thought. But I just end up keeping everything I get.I hope this person gets back to me??

Hey all,I did get the kr-4070 for $30. and it works but has bass knob missing and dial indicator bulbs are out.Sounds good but i am going to deoxit the dials and fader lube them.I see 1bulb on each end of indicator,Is this all there is?? Thank You

I've had two. Good solid receiver. They regularly turn up on Craigslist in this area. Seems like Kenwood sold a lot of them.

Does any one know what voltage the stereo indicator lightbulb is? I checked it but got like 28 volts? Did I check it wrong? Thank You

I just ordered LED's cool white and cool blue for replacements.I could not find local so I EBAYed take a bit to get here,but soon.This stereo sounds great but I need to try with some different speakers that I have when I get the bulbs in. Thanks

I had three of them. I still have two. The 4070 is a really nice little unit, and the 40W is more than adequate with efficient speakers. One of mine is connect to some '80s Fisher party/kabuki speakers, and another connected to some KLH 23s. That second example makes a nice pairing, and at moderate volumes it rivals my SX-850 mated to HPM-100s.

I used a standard (white) automotive wedge-base (194) LED in my STEREO indicator in one of them, and the LED operates a 7.5V without a problem. I think the orange/yellow filter/indicator in the dial makes the color just fine, but I'll let you decide:

KR-4070-BFace02.jpg

Incidentally, if it is working properly, not much (if anything) beats the tuner in a Kenny. The amp doesn't need a lot of tone control, either if paid with proper speakers.

I just ordered LED's cool white and cool blue for replacements.I could not find local so I EBAYed take a bit to get here,but soon.This stereo sounds great but I need to try with some different speakers that I have when I get the bulbs in. Thanks

Cool. Have fun.

I see 1bulb on each end of indicator,Is this all there is?? Thank You

There is one lamp at each end, one between the meters, and one for the STEREO indicator. All are supposed to be 8V. All are 300mA except the STEREO indicator, which is 50mA.

Hey all, I just got the bulbs in the mail,so I had to go and put them in.The meter bulb came as a wedge led? so I have to get a socket with pig tails for it.The rest of it looks great all lit up now.New dial led bulbs(blue),New stereo indicator led (warm white). I will post pic when get parts. Thanks

Mine doesn't get much play with all the others to choose from, but it does well with my Boston HD5 bookshelves when in rotation.
RBAMfOd0_o.jpg

Hey all, I put all new led bulbs in and hooked it up to a pair of 1972 Criterion 4x's and dam this thing sounds great and loud with no distortion at all even at high volume.The tuner picks up stations great even without an antenna. Thanks

. . . The tuner picks up stations great even without an antenna. Thanks

Kenwood made (still makes) ham and commercial radio gear. It's no surprise that their tuners were usually very good.

It's a personal preference, but I sold my second KR-4070 to buy a Pioneer SX-636. I'm not sure I would do that again.

I don't regret giving my 4070 away to get someone started in vintage, but I do miss the dang thing.IMG_1007.JPG

Hey all, Here’s a quick pic

Attachments

• 95C37755-363B-48D8-96EE-B2C1621457E8.jpeg
    95C37755-363B-48D8-96EE-B2C1621457E8.jpeg
    34.2 KB · Views: 21
  • CE433CC1-A44E-4BD3-B2FD-1149A67CC74E.jpeg
    CE433CC1-A44E-4BD3-B2FD-1149A67CC74E.jpeg
    58.6 KB · Views: 26
Back
Top Bottom