Bridging Yamaha M4 Amplifiers into Monoblocks?

billy_berrou

Hi,

I have a C4 pre (with the dual stereo outputs) and I have an M2 Amplifier and two M4 amps so what I would like to do is hook up the M2 to one of the stereo outputs of the C4 and then run the two M4s as monoblocks (right and left) from the other C4 stereo output.

This should give me about 1000 watts of vintage Yamaha sound!!

Problem is, I've looked everywhere and cannot find any information on how to bridge the M4s.

Does anyone have any information on how to accomplish this?

[I also have the T1 tuner and the K2000 cassette deck so this is one sweet setup; now if only I had a couple of pair of NS1000M monitors to go along with it...]

Welcome to AK Billy. The C-4 will not by itself support bridging the M-4's.You will need a bridging adapter.

http://sound.whsites.net/project14.htm
p14_fig2.gif

Last edited:
The C-70, C-80, and C-85 Have this circuit built in. It is a "normal" pre-amp out and an "inverted" pre-amp out circuit.

Do your speakers have seperate HF and LF terminals? If so, you can use the four channels of two m-4 amps without bridging them. As always, you have to be careful about the load the amp sees.

Do your speakers have seperate HF and LF terminals? If so, you can use the four channels of two m-4 amps without bridging them. As always, you have to be careful about the load the amp sees.
Bi-ampping

If I were in the US I would make an offer for one of the M4 amplifiers to go with my M4. Just cant find one around here in South Africa. You can then use M2 and M4 on the two outputs of C4 (which I also use). I would power NS 1000 with M2 and NS 690 with M4 .

Back
Top Bottom