Records...at Aldi?

goodolpg

Just an old fart trying to help.
Subscriber
Browsing through this weeks sale flyers, the Aldi store has an "Aldi find" listing for
Sony Vinyl Hits
ad shows 5 album(?) covers. That with the word vinyl makes me think it must be records.
Evidently limited to Sony titles and available inventory.
Guess it's been a LONG time since I bought any new records, the price is $17.99.
Might be worth checking out, might not.

Wow, I didn't know Aldi already had shops in the US. I grew up in Germany and there was one in pretty much every town.

Trader Joe's, by the way, is from the same owners... just a quite different concept I guess. And you won't find records there...

Oh gosh, Aldi has been here for years. It's a not well kept secret that Trader Joe's is affiliated because Aldi is considered a budget grocer while TJ's caters to the upscale crowd. Aldi is gaining popularity as they have gone all organic with their produce recently.

Oh gosh, Aldi has been here for years. It's a not well kept secret that Trader Joe's is affiliated because Aldi is considered a budget grocer while TJ's caters to the upscale crowd. Aldi is gaining popularity as they have gone all organic with their produce recently.
Thanks, interesting!
Just haven't seen any in California or Nevada yet.

Aldi is owned by a German fellow. TJ is owned by his brother. Aldi is not gaining anything around here. TJ is a much better store with better selection. 2 of the 3 Aldi stores are in the ghetto.

There is also stiff competition from other grocery chains here. None of them sell vinyl.

I steer clear of some Aldi offerings in the processed food and meat depts. but it's my go to for produce and staples like milk, bread, eggs because of the cost. (Not in the ghetto lol)

My local Walmart just started selling vinyl and quit selling $5.00 cds. :mad: Oh well, I didn't buy them very often anyway.

They put in an Aldi in my town in north Los Angeles county about two years ago. I like it okay. It is similar to TJ in that neither have a particularly large selection of individual items and they both focus on store brands.

Trader Joe's reminds me more of a European grocery than any other in the Chicago area except for maybe some small, crafty stores. Their extensive line of craft beers is awesome. Inexpensive and decent tasting they brew all the different varieties at the old Huber Brewing Co in Monroe WI if I am not mistaken.

I am currently in the Czech Republic. This morning we went to Kaufland for salami and rolls and I saw 4 boxes of vinyl for sale and also turntables. It appeared each box simply had the tops cut off and were placed out as is. Boxes contained a mix of Nirvana, U2, Amy Winehouse, Lana Del Ray, Beatles and Czech artists. 599 koruns each, about USD $30.

Back
Top Bottom