Kenwood Model 600 Supreme - Looking for a Restorer

SoulMan4432

Hi,

As the title states I have a Kenwood Model 600 Supreme. I've had it for a bit now and it was in good working condition but as all fully-original amps of that age tend to do, it has started having issues.

The Phono 1 input has seemed to go silent (Phono 2 works fine) and the left output channel seems to be having issues - it is weaker/quieter, full of static/noise, and almost seems to lag a little too. The right channel seems to be clear and crisp. I have tested all 3 speaker outputs, the headphone jack, and the pre output - the left channel exhibits the same behaviour no matter which output is used.

I am looking for someone, ideally experienced with Kenwood products (though not an absolute must if they are truly good at what they do) who does exceptional, full equipment restoration work (nothing aesthetic is needed, just the innards).

I'm fine with shipping it anywhere in North America and am looking for someone who can start sooner rather than later as some folks I have contact have waiting lists many years long. I would certainly prefer local if possible though!

Local = SE Michigan/Souther Ontario, but I am willing to drive a ways if necessary.

Hopefully this post is acceptable. All/any feedback (good or bad) is welcome.

Thanks!

I think Pakistan is a little far. Maybe if it was a very high dollar item and he was top in the world, but not for this amp unfortunately. Thanks though!

Thanks for the recommendation. Seems he mainly focuses on Tuners but does work on amps as well. I'll be sure to reach out and see what he can do. :)

I do stereo rehab, PM me if interested. I live just north of Toronto.
From what I have read, I suggest that you do some switch contact cleaning with some deoxit D5, as that might fix your issues.
There are numerous threads relating to switch cleaning.

Another great resource in Ontario is leestereo. He is the author of many restore threads here, and if I had a Kenwood Supreme, I would send it to him. He does excellent work quickly, and yes, he has a backlog. If you are interested, contact him and find out when he could get to it. I loved the work he did on my McIntosh gear.

I use a fellow named Eric located in Brampton Ontario who is excellent - a tad OCD with the work, to his credit. Everything job meticulously done; he documents the procedure with pictures & emails them to you as he completes the job.

I know Eric has done a few Kenwood Supremes; one for himself and a few for others. This was his daily driver last I saw him. For me, he has completely restored/recapped two 2270s, a 2230 and a Sansui 2000A. As well, he's done straight repairs for me & two of my buddies. We've all been more than happy. I include a few before/after pictures below for your assessment, and some from my trips to his place.

This is Eric's current ad on Kijiji:
Repair%20(1).JPG

Repair%20(2).JPG

Repair%20(3).JPG

Repair%20(4).JPG

Repair%20(5).JPG

Repair%20(6).JPG

Office:
Office1.jpg

Office2.jpg

Office3.jpg

Office4.jpg

The two 2270s Eric did for me:
Repair%20(7).jpg

I use a fellow named Eric located in Brampton Ontario who is excellent - a tad OCD with the work, to his credit. Everything job meticulously done; he documents the procedure with pictures & emails them to you as he completes the job.

I know Eric has done a few Kenwood Supremes; one for himself and a few for others. This was his daily driver last I saw him. For me, he has completely restored/recapped two 2270s, a 2230 and a Sansui 2000A. As well, he's done straight repairs for me & two of my buddies. We've all been more than happy. I include a few before/after pictures below for your assessment, and some from my trips to his place.

This is Eric's current ad on Kijiji:
Repair%20(1).JPG

Repair%20(2).JPG

Repair%20(3).JPG

Repair%20(4).JPG

Repair%20(5).JPG

Repair%20(6).JPG

Office:
Office1.jpg

Office2.jpg

Office3.jpg

Office4.jpg

The two 2270s Eric did for me:
Repair%20(7).jpg

Thanks for the reply and sorry for taking so long to get back to everyone on here. That looks like great work! I will definitely keep Eric in mind. I think I am going to go with Doug at D 'n A Electronics in Kitchener. He did our Yamaha CA-2010 amp previously and we were happy with the work. He has done some Kenwoods so I will give him the benefit of the doubt (not that I have much doubt) and let him have a go at it. I do appreciate the recommendation, especially for someone local, so once again thanks a ton. Will make note of his info for the future!

Hi SoulMan,

I've had work done by D `n A, as well as Dan Santoni in Hamilton. Eric's in Brampton, an hour drive for me, but it's his work I've been most satisfied with. Just sayin'...

Last edited:
Glenn/Echowars would have been my recommendation as well. Great guy who really knew his stuff. I had the pleasure of meeting once. Did something happen to him?!

Another recommendation I would make is Raccoon1400. Both Leestereo and Raccoon1400 are located in the Ottawa area. I’ve been dealing with Duncan (Raccoon1400) for about 8 years now, and Ben almost as long. I consider both Duncan and Ben (Leestereo) to be excellent and honest people to work with. Both will do the job very well, but using different methodology.

Back
Top Bottom