Took home a load of JBLs today.

I think I’m going to part out the l222s.. they are the least interesting to me. Then start by getting my L112s done.. and go from there. I have a small studio in my basement where I produce music and the 4311bs would be perfect sitting next to my polks. The 112s will perfect on stands in my basement living room/arcade. And the 150s we will see.. I am going to ohm out all the drivers and think about my possibilties here one of these nights.

Sounds good - you'll get there!

If you're on 3Si, I may have seen you before, as I moderate that forum. Have two twin turbo Stealths.

Here's what I had in mind with the 220/222 s. ? The front valance can be rescued from the side offcuts. It looks like you have both crincle lenses .so you are only short of 1 mid driver to make this happen.
Reflex port on the back. Now we are talking posh L65
No crossover mods required.

Just throwing ideas around for grins
but that is what I would do in the first instance

Cheers. M

Attachments

• IMG_20181128_134351.jpg
    IMG_20181128_134351.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
I'd repair all of them. But I have a compulsion...

You’re not alone in thinking like that. The problem is time, money, storage space and how many speakers you already have. At least that what my wife tells me

I have no self control when it comes to that. It really is a compulsion. :D

I would have to fix all of them too! I couldn’t stand to let them classics go

I wish I could afford it. I already have a nice pair of polks, cerwins, hpm100s..... I think I am going to part the l220s, sell my hpm100s and see what I can do from there.

I have 3 128hs. All bad, but one has a nice cone. I think I could recone them with a kit but I would really like to keep the white cones. Is there an affordable option?

You don't have to do it all in a day. Take your time. Believe me, if you part them out and junk the cabs, a day will come when you will wish that you hadn't. First hand experience talking here.

Consider donating $25 to AK and become a Subscriber. A lot of parts show up in Bartertown. Or, you might find a home for cabinets or other parts amongst AK's speaker geeks.

You don't have to do it all in a day. Take your time. Believe me, if you part them out and junk the cabs, a day will come when you will wish that you hadn't. First hand experience talking here.

I agree, I will slowly go through them all, except the 220s. One of the lenses was smashed in and it took a big chunk out of the cab. They are just a bit big for me too I guess. If anyone needs parts from them I will trade for parts for L112s, 4311bs... the L150s I will store and think about down the road.

I would lean towards finding parts before deciding what stays and what goes. Maybe you can get lucky and find someone in driving distance that needs the cabs for a restoration project.

Good luck!

I’m trying to figure what’s on the lift behind the JBL’s— big fat road tire on what looks like a PM wheel, but a scooter transmission?

Ill get some pics when I finish it.. its a stretched ruckus for a buddy.. I have one too

As of Dec 7th do any of the drivers work:idea:.

It’s looking like the only good drivers are the cats eye tweeters so far. Haven’t had time to check everything though.

Back
Top Bottom