Walmart pillows...

soulstreamerAK

I kjnow how this sounds, but Walmart has these sales of pillows for $1-3 dollars, ridiculously cheap, and they make great box filler. Priced bubble wrap or peanuts lately?

Aldso, if you have a newspaper publisher in town, they often sell big bags of shredded newsprint that when filled into a 13 gallon garbage bag, makes a great filler, especially when double boxing.

Now let's find some boxes.

I won't go to a Walmart for anything.
When I lived in the Seattle area, Wal-Mart was not an option. I went there once and it was a dump. There were a lot of other choices and the only people that shopped there (for the most part) were, well, "People of wal-mart".

Then I moved to rural Kentucky. Here the old phrase applies, "If Wal-Mart doesn't have it, you don't need it." All classes shop there and it is actually a very nice place to shop. But I still prefer Costco, though they are an hour and a half away.

Keep an eye on the Craigslist free section and you can often find free packing material there.
I soundproofed my garage and turned it into a recording studio with "free carpet" from CL. I had to get used to turquoise, though.

I thought this thread was about the packing and shipping of pillows you had delivered from Walmart.
313gal ordered bed pillows from Amazon a while back and each one came in a box large enough to hold three with the rest of the space filled with those air-bag pillow packing thingies.
I thought it was overkill, but later found out they have a protocol that nothing can be heard shaking around inside...even if it is a pillow.

Ive been spending way too much on packing supplies because I live fairly rural and dont have access to the free packing materials I used too. I like the above post regarding furniture stores for free supplies and will have to check this out. Thanks! :)

I get all my boxes and packing supplies used from family and friends that save it for me. Just let it be known that you'll take it all and pretty soon you should be over-run with the stuff.

Back
Top Bottom