What was the last movie you watched?

"Muscle Shoals," about the legendary recording studio(s) was very, very good, but I have found "The Wrecking Crew" absolutely spellbinding. I am just through the first DVD now...

Seabiscuit.

Jeff Bridges and Chris Cooper stand out, as does David McCullough’s narration of the era, covering the Great Depression and FDR’s great leadership in ending it.

Thunder Road
(Ripley, 1958)

*Bob Mitchum, who also wrote the original story, in one of (IMO) his best film roles.
Given the kinds of roles he usually played, one wouldn't have thought him literate, much less literary. Fun fact: he also sang the theme song.

Green Book (2018). Directed by Peter Farrelly. Set in the early 60s where a white Italian dude (Tony Lip) and a black jazz pianist (Don Shirley Trio) travel south for a series of concerts. True-ish story. Essentially a road movie with racial tension, understanding, and natural humor. Funny, uplifting, and touching. Vigo Mortensen is an amazing physical actor.

Intellectual critics are twisting themselves in knots trying not to like this. **** them.

Best flick of 2018.

I last watched an oldie but goodie that I had heard about but never seen, Biloxi Blues. I'd give it a 4.5 out of 5, it was really good.

I am currently watching the "The Ballad of Buster Scruggs" one story at a time. Classic Cohen brothers. New on Netflix

Breaking In

Action thriller. I liked this. A 'chick' film for guys. Whodathunk it.

BreakinInPromotionalPoster.png

BlacKkKlansman

Wiki
From visionary filmmaker Spike Lee comes the incredible true story of an American hero. It’s the early 1970s, and Ron Stallworth (John David Washington) is the first African-American detective to serve in the Colorado Springs Police Department. Determined to make a name for himself, Stallworth bravely sets out on a dangerous mission: infiltrate and expose the Ku Klux Klan. The young detective soon recruits a more seasoned colleague, Flip Zimmerman (Adam Driver), into the undercover investigation of a lifetime. Together, they team up to take down the extremist hate group as the organization aims to sanitize its violent rhetoric to appeal to the mainstream. Produced by the team behind the Academy-Award® winning Get Out.
Release date: 9 August 2018

I really enjoyed this movie,I found out it was a true story after watching.

Back
Top Bottom