What was the last movie you watched?

A Passage to India - the final David Lean film (after River Kwai, Lawrence and Zhivago) - Big scenery and Michael Jarre soundtrack.
Alec Guiness plays Indian (guess Peter Sellers was busy) ... Its a period piece of the British colonies era ...
Veddy British young woman has a meltdown and an indian doctor is presumed by everyone else to have ravished her ...
A bit long, but interesting in places ...

Over the last couple / few weeks...

Edit:
Captain's Courageous

No Country for Old Men
What time do you close?
At dark, we close at dark
dark is not a time.....
Call it.

Fargo
I guess that's your partner in the wood chipper....and it's such a beautiful day.

Chinatown
Forget it Jake, It's Chinatown.

The Treasure of the Sierra Madre
Conscious, what a thing all this talking and fussing about nonsense.....

Catch 22
Help him..help him...!
Help who?
The bombardier, help the bombardier.....
I'm the bombardier.....I'm O.K......
Then help him, help him ( Snowden )

Last edited:
Do you like car chases? Fast action? Lots of conflict? Espionage? Spies? And humour?

Well if you do, Take in "Keeping Up With the Jones's". It's a hoot! from start to finish.

Actually, it sorta of a satire/farce/comedy that pokes fun at urban living-types, while having fun doing it, stereotyping all along the way.

My take? 4 outta 5, on a good day.:D

Q

BlacKkKlansman

Ripe for send up and played tongue in cheek. A bit too long but watchable.

54849.jpg

The Killing
(Kubrick, 1956)

* Helluva fine cast but Elisha Cook (as "George Peatty"), Marie Windsor (as "Shelly Peatty"), and Tim Carey (as "Nikki Arcane") are terrific. Notable mention: Kola Kwariani (as "Maurice Oboukhoff"), the (Russian Empire) Georgian-born former "pro wrestler" -- and noted chess player -- who was (usually) billed as "Nick The Wrestler" @ wrestling events.

The Magnificent Ambersons
(Welles, 1942)

*Camera work so deftly planned and "narratively oriented", that the story "told" in this film could, possibly, be communicated sans sound & subs. But that was the way of Welles and certain of his devotees, e.g., Kubrick.

Unsane (2018). Directed by Steven Soderbergh. Shot entirely on an iPhone 7+. Woman mistakenly commits herself to a creepy mental hospital where her stalker works. Just OK "B" movie entertainment.

Mars Attacks

On Amazon prime. Looks good too.

The one w/, among others, Nicholson, right? I remember enjoyingit ... must have been 20 years or more since last time I saw it. Might even have seen that one at the movies, though am no longer able to recall @ that level of detail.

Back
Top Bottom