Widest soundstage thrown by a sansui ?

quadklipsh

Hi all.
I would like to know which sansui model excells in soundstage width and depth.
I'm truly impressed by the 707x that i have recently purchased. It far exceeds any amp IV owned

Your listening space and room acoustics and speaker placement has alot to do with your Soundstage. Maybe even more that any particular model of amp.

Peerson.
I think we all agree to that .
But when you play two amps, one after the other ,in the same place with the same speakers and wires and look for differences then the only variable we have is "the amp" in question.
Id like to take it from there .
Now which one do you think sounded wide open.

Didn't you know, all amps sound identical right down to their ability to throw a soundstage, no matter if it came from a transistor radio or a Krell, as long as neither is taxed it makes no difference lol.

I think i would differ there and i can be wrong.
No wonder a transistor sells for 5 bucks and a krell sells for several grands . Im sure the magic lies somewhere in that metallic box where they handle those taxes ;)

Peerson.
I think we all agree to that .
But when you play two amps, one after the other ,in the same place with the same speakers and wires and look for differences then the only variable we have is "the amp" in question.
Id like to take it from there .
Now which one do you think sounded wide open.

Understood. I was unaware that you were comparing in an equal environment. Sorry

t

Im afraid im not following your point....
An amp should play the source material back as recorded. It should not change anything about it.

If one amp is different from another in power or voicing, such as equalization, that is more normal.

If an amp widens, or narrows the soundstage for that matter, there could be something out of spec about it.

For instance, my preamp has a width/blend knob, which can sum or difference the channels. If its out of adjustment, the channels can crosstalk to one another.

Alternatively, if a transistor or out of spec capacitor or some other thing is changing the sound either in the preamp section or the amp section, it can make for some strange artifacts.

I once had a digital synthesizer that seemed to sound like it was three dimensional compared to others like it. It had other issues, so I reseated the chips and re-capped it as well. That "effect" went away when I powered it back up.

I also had a Scott receiver that the mono button was acting up on. It would occaisionally reduce the stereo effect unless you messed with it for a minute.

Back
Top Bottom