What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

You may never have seen that before. The Weihnachtsgeschichte - a play with music and songs for schoolchildren by Carl Orff (Carmina Burana). The shepherds are talking in Bavarian dialect!!! Think of ten years old kids acting enthusiatically in Bavarian dialect! That sounds funny, I can tell you!!! :)

002.JPG

003.JPG

Last edited:
Right. Western Union work was in the Verizon Central Office's that I worked in. I'd stand and stare at it like I was looking at the Grand Canyon or Mount Rushmore.
Once he showed me that, the splice is so strong you could swing from cables or wire like a monkey and they would hold. I preceded to string,...adding wires for the crystal radio he gave that he built in the '40's in all the giant pine trees in our backyard. I would sit in the garage for hours, picking up stations as far as Montana. Good times.

OK, not quite done for tonight. My son sent me more pics from the mighty M E T A L L I C A show in Salt Lake last weekend. He took these with a little point and shoot Sony and his new iPhone (he works for Sony). He has worked as a photographer and videographer for Korn, Rob Zombie, Anthrax, Slayer, Slipknot, Machine Head, Møtørhead, etc. when he was affiliated with Rockstar Energy/Revolver Magazine/Mayhem Festival for about 10 years. He has a photo in this Smithsonian Publication that he took of the crowd at a Slipknot show at San Manuel Amphitheater in Albuquerque (I'll get a page # if you're interested). Anyway, I'm bragging about him because today is his 30th birthday and he's my best friend and ski buddy--and a hell of a photographer. Rock on. Have a good weekend everyone.

smith.jpg James-Rob.jpg Kirk.jpg Lars.jpg James.jpg

OK, not quite done for tonight. My son sent me more pics from the mighty M E T A L L I C A show in Salt Lake last weekend. He took these with a little point and shoot Sony and his new iPhone (he works for Sony). He has worked as a photographer and videographer for Korn, Rob Zombie, Anthrax, Slayer, Slipknot, Machine Head, Møtørhead, etc. when he was affiliated with Rockstar Energy/Revolver Magazine/Mayhem Festival for about 10 years. He has a photo in this Smithsonian Publication that he took of the crowd at a Slipknot show at San Manuel Amphitheater in Albuquerque (I'll get a page # if you're interested). Anyway, I'm bragging about him because today is his 30th birthday and he's my best friend and ski buddy--and a hell of a photographer. Rock on. Have a good weekend everyone.

View attachment 1349380 View attachment 1349381 View attachment 1349382 View attachment 1349384 View attachment 1349385
Man, those are awesome pics! Hats off to your boy :)

Back
Top Bottom