What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Soon be time to start this year’s Handel’s Messiah on Christmas Day (note use of Christmas rather than Xmas; it’s only a few extra keystrokes) thread, so break out the SpinClean and prepare whatever you have. Maybe we can include versions of Weinachtsoratorium this year in the same thread? Thoughts?

Command recordings sound soooo gooood to me
They sound so great. Especially through some tubes.
I'm new here and I was thinking about starting a Command Records appreciation thread, if there isn't one already. I'm a fiend for the things. I have been for about 40 years. They just looked so cool to me as a kid and I snagged them from my dad's collection. Once I heard Provocative Percussion, I was a goner. Then when I was a teenager and listened to them on acid, the deal was sealed. I love them.
I've had a few Command Classics in my collection for a few years, but always looked askance at them, because I'm a snob. Turns out that I'm also a dumb ass. They're great if not a little strange. Command did classical well. Now I need to start collecting those. My classical friends will probably sneer and laugh at me, but they are really interesting recordings.

Back
Top Bottom