North Carolina anyone?

Can anyone suggest good service tech or shops in NC to refresh/repair/update a few old pieces I've picked up,, Technics sl-1200 table, Technics rs-631 cassette deck and a Sony str-7065a receiver? I'm in the Kannapolis area but willing to travel to drop off. I've been out of the game so long and just not up to date with the better service guys around and would appreciate the input.

Anyone??

You might try creating a new thread in General Audio or Solid State forums titled something like "Looking for a good service tech near Charlotte NC" and put the same details in it. Good chance it will get more eyeballs and more responses than being buried down in this thread.

Use the "Post new thread" button in the upper right corner of the screen when looking at the list of threads in the forum.

Last edited:
I live in Kernersville and will host a meeting if there is enough interest.
Email me indicating your attendance best time and day. We can set an agenda from there.
Email is pcxmbfj@gmail.com

OK folks, I've heard from two active members on this thread showing interest in a meet in Kernersville.
That's probably a good response rate with all the activity this time of year and the slow reaction of a venue like this forum.
Election is behind us so ping me with your thoughts.

Saturday is the best day for most people. Usually we start around 10am and take a break for lunch at a local place ( pick a fairly quick place to eat) , then go back for more people to get to play their demo material. Some people want to start their event right after lunch and just provide some drinks and munchies.

The contact us page shows the address as 517 E. Chatham Street, Cary, NC 27511. Seems the google and other reviews run about 3 stars - all over the place with some very positive and some very negative.

i have a pioneer reel, anyone knows where I can get some service? I'd prefer in Charlotte but I can drive a little bit.

OK folks, I've heard from two active members on this thread showing interest in a meet in Kernersville.
That's probably a good response rate with all the activity this time of year and the slow reaction of a venue like this forum.
Election is behind us so ping me with your thoughts.

Make that 3. I'm very close to you also I'd be down for meet and greet.

Make that 3. I'm very close to you also I'd be down for meet and greet.

I apparently was one of the two active members that responded to pcxmbfj earlier. I have a night job part of the week that has me doing good to be asleep before dawn. Otherwise part of the gig economy so if I want to make it to something other things can usually get shifted around. Can leave me feeling some days like a scrambled egg or a popcorn kernel in a hot air popper.

Haven’t been on AK for a while, but saw this thread and wanted to recommend a NC repair guy I found in Holly Springs (south Wake County). Reach out to a fellow AK’er ‘dtafil’.

Last edited:
@EricMB, thanks for the tech reference.
What is his commerce name and address? What work did he do for you?

Our group probably realizes that it snowed, days are getting short, and Christmas is coming but we can try a meet after the holidays.
I suggest our first be a get-to-know each other without demo audio gear.
Our new public library opens next week with meeting rooms for a easy to find site.

@EricMB, thanks for the tech reference.
What is his commerce name and address? What work did he do for you?

Our group probably realizes that it snowed, days are getting short, and Christmas is coming but we can try a meet after the holidays.
I suggest our first be a get-to-know each other without demo audio gear.
Our new public library opens next week with meeting rooms for a easy to find site.
If we have 2-3 hours of driving to do, we need to be listening to some gear, IMO

Thanks Eric.

Obviously, I’m an AKer as well , and do my own restorations (amps, turntables, speakers). I do (from time to time) take on some side work for local clients, so happy to discuss any projects with local folks. Shoot me a PM to discuss your project(s).

Dave

Haven’t been on AK for a while, but saw this thread and wanted to recommend a NC repair guy I found in Holly Springs (south Wake County). If you need some vintage gear updated or repaired.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom