National Lampoon's Christmas

You did see this, right? Ugly house, but it made all the media sites last week
https://www.washingtonpost.com/arts...an-dangling-roof-it-was-clark-griswold-dummy/

clarkGriswold.jpg

It was only minutes before sunrise when Alfred Norwood Jr. slammed on his brakes, stopping his truck in the middle of the road, and turned on his hazard lights.

The 65-year-old veteran from Austin said he was heading home after taking his wife to work one hazy morning early last week when he saw what appeared to be a man in a blue plaid shirt, jeans and Velcro sneakers, hanging from the rooftop by his fingertips. The figure was tangled up in a string of holiday lights and the ladder was just out of his reach.

Surveillance video from a Nest Cam showed Norwood run up to the home, screaming, “Oh mister, please hold on!” He grabbed the ladder, ripping it from the display, and repositioned for him.

“Alright, can you reach it? Can you reach it?!" he added.

When there was no response, Norwood shouted, “Help!”

“It looked like a guy in distress needing help, so I took a chance to try to help him,” Norwood said Monday in a phone interview with The Washington Post. But, he added, “It turned out to be a dummy.”

A dummy fashioned after a Christmas icon: Clark Griswold.

“All I was trying to do is help the guy,” Norwood explained.

Last edited:
Sh-tter was full...

It is a classic, I'm torn between CV and A Christmas Story for overall re-watchability. Need to rewatch Gremlins, the 3rd of my 80s Xmas standard trilogy. (I'd throw in Trading Places but I treat that more as a general watch, Santa with salmon notwithstanding).

That movie unnerved me greatly as a five year old.

I kept thinking "why are all these terrible things happening, why is this family is so stupid?"

I had about 10 things go wrong over the weekend while trying to put my Christmas lights up on the gutters. I was getting frustrated having to drive back and forth to Lowes - but at some point the image of poor Clark Griswald and his lights popped into my mind and I just started to laugh!

Cousin Eddie is my favorite, and that scene where Clark chews out his boss for not giving him a bonus is priceless.

I think my wife & I have it memorized. Not a weak scene in the movie...driving under the logging truck, Todd & Margo next door, getting trapped in the attic...it's a mighty lonnnng list. Completely cracks us up every time we watch.

Beverly DeAngelo..... Mmmmm.
BeBe Neuwirth..... Mmmm.

And the cat under the chair - woof!

Too much to take in with this movie at one sitting..... so funny on many levels.

A lotta good stuff goin' on @ this film but my favorite characters are "Uncle Lewis" (Bill Hickey) and "Aunt Bethany" (Mae Questel). Man, I still howl @ the scene where "Uncle Lewis" "burns up" the (too dry) tree w/ the lighting of a cigar. Too funny.

Back
Top Bottom