Faderlube

howkipfer

Is it ok to use Faderlube on switches that have multiple function all in one switch? For example one switchable knob wiith Phono, Turntable, AM,FM as choices.

I don't believe it would hurt anything although the red D100L might be better for that application

Is it ok to use Faderlube on switches that have multiple function all in one switch?
It's not intended for that, but I agree with Frank: I doubt it can harm. It might even help, by protecting the plated contact-points — but only if it stayed in place, switching between sources will probably wipe it off fast.

I've honestly never liked anything but non-residue cleaners on switches like that. My usual is CRC QD. Anything that leaves a film behind tends to attract dust, which leads to electrical leakage in the switch. When that happens you get bleed-through from other sources. Stuff with open switched that have phenolic wafers are really bad about soaking up stuff and causing headaches.

I will also admit to not being a huge DeOxit fan specifically because it leaves residue in switches and it has caused me problems in the past. I also think its a bit too spendy for what you get.

Back
Top Bottom