Adopting families for the holidays 2018

Ms Grumpy

Administrator
Admin
Super Mod
Subscriber
It has been 10 years since grumpy came up with the idea to adopt families for the holidays. We initially did this with the intent to teach our children the importance of giving back and paying it forward to those in need, especially during the holidays. A few of the members heard what we were doing and wanted to get involved and that is how Adopting Families for the Holidays was started on Audiokarma. The Members of Audiokarma Have been raising funds through auctions and donations to Adopt Families for the Holidays for 10 years now.
This year, as in years past, we will be working with non-profit organizations in Texas as well as the Volunteers of America (VOA) organization to provide necessities and Christmas for families in need. VOA verifies each families information to make sure that they are low income and in need of assistance, that is when we get the family information and we do our best to provide a Christmas for the family. The Adopting Families for the Holidays fund also helps with providing Senior Citizens and Veterans with basic necessities like food, laundry soap, a coat or whatever their need is. Last year due to the generosity of the members of Audiokarma we were able to adopted 24 Families, Seniors, Veterans, to provide over 3,000 meals to the homeless and to donate funds to Childrens Hospitals and the Wounded Warrior Fund.

How can you participate and help ?

One of the things that many members like to do is sell or auction off items with the funds going to adopt the families. In the past some of the items auctioned off have been new and old vinyl, electronic equiptment both working and not, BBQ rub, drawings, cookies and so many more items. Do you have something that you like to make or something that is just sitting around and you are not sure what to do with it. One mans trash is another mans treasure. Consider auctioning it off, someone else might really enjoy it and any money raised will go to a good cause.

Thank you so much for your continued support with keeping the magic of the Holidays alive for our Children.

Please feel free to list your items for sale, or for auction to benefit this charity.

There is no charge for selling in this forum, all we ask is that all the funds generated in this forum go to the AK Adopting Families for the Holidays charity through Volunteers of America. You can do this a couple of ways.

1) Send the money to Audiokarma through this link. http://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Please make sure that you note that the funds are for the Adopt a Family. You can put VOA in the description.

2) Mail the funds to:
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE ADDRESS HAS CHANGED

AudioKarma LLC
902 Kitty Hawk Road
Suite 170-475
Universal City, Texas 78148

Please let the seller know payment is sent, this way we can let them know when payment arrives.

Either way you choose, please make note on the payment, that it is for our adopted families.

PLEASE USE VOA IN THE DESCRIPTION.

A huge Thank you to those who have already started auctions and donations. We will continue the auctions and donations through January 10, 2019. Any money left in the end will be donated to a food bank.

Due to the generosity of our great membership this year marks the 10th year that we will be Adopting Families for the Holidays.

Look for my updates on the families and see how you have helped keep the magic of the Holidays alive...
Nancy
Ms Grumpy

Any chance the Admins will put their Avatars up for rent this year for the cause?

I get a kick out of what they endure in the way of rental Avatars for a good cause...

I am going to do a couple Christmas Cookie auctions too. I did it a few years ago and sent out over 30 dozen cookies. Not sure I will do that many but as soon as I get my list together I’ll be posting auctions.

Any chance the Admins will put their Avatars up for rent this year for the cause?

I get a kick out of what they endure in the way of rental Avatars for a good cause...
I’m hoping that they do that too. I am sure that I know a wife or two that would be happy to supply an avatar picture.

I have my Ultra Sonic washing up in another AK Auction thread and can apply it here as well. $30 for 5 LPs washed, re sleeved and return postage paid by me. Miraculous results can happen as long as dirt/grime/smoke is the issue. I did this last year and got nice feedback. I have knocked LPs up a couple grades many times. Not always though.

Can we link the charity auction to Barter Town? I.E. put a thread in Barter Town to get exposure for the auction thread here?

Can we link the charity auction to Barter Town? I.E. put a thread in Barter Town to get exposure for the auction thread here?

Yes I started threads in all of them last year and stated something in the PO and linked to this sub forum. Sometimes the mods make stickies in those forums as well.

You can also have a sale in BT, listing it as a donation for VOA. You can post all or a percentage will go to VOA

I have a post in BT for some nice stuff that had a partial AK Donation on it. Is it possible to move the thread to this sub-forum so I can convert it to a 100% VOA charity auction? Would save me some time and would like to get more exposure to it (and not violate BT rules by making it an auction there :), I'd get called out on that real quick...). I will try to report my thread to a mod with a request to move it over here so I can edit/convert it, otherwise I'd appreciate from help from the fine folks over here...

Thanks,
Mike

I have a post in BT for some nice stuff that had a partial AK Donation on it. Is it possible to move the thread to this sub-forum so I can convert it to a 100% VOA charity auction? Would save me some time and would like to get more exposure to it (and not violate BT rules by making it an auction there :), I'd get called out on that real quick...). I will try to report my thread to a mod with a request to move it over here so I can edit/convert it, otherwise I'd appreciate from help from the fine folks over here...

Thanks,
Mike
You can change your BT title saying it’s for VOA and just sell it there

Are we supposed to receive notification from someone that the buyer sent payment to AK? How do I know when to ship the item?

Payment was received. You are a go for shipping!
Thanks to buyer (scuba) and seller (sol7) for your support.

Back
Top Bottom