Help with Chromecast Audio

rvr4Uii.jpg

I'm liking the look of it a lot more then LMS. I have 2 issues with it now, it will not transcode ALAC to FLAC on the fly anymore, and sometimes it is not gapless.

I have been fascinated with the discussion here about 'Chromecast Audio' - I just got one and have had a bit of a nightmare setting it up. Reading this thread prepared me for something of a rough ride, thank you all for that. :)

I'm all set up now though, using 'Spotify' - with good performance (no dropouts) - not quite as good as with a CD on my player but very good nonetheless.

Overall I am very happy, as this device has dragged my analog (except for CD player) system into the 21st Century, and me with it, thank goodness. :D

BTW: Mine runs just 'warm to the touch' - nothing to worry about. ;)

I have been fascinated with the discussion here about 'Chromecast Audio' - I just got one and have had a bit of a nightmare setting it up. Reading this thread prepared me for something of a rough ride, thank you all for that. :)

I'm all set up now though, using 'Spotify' - with good performance (no dropouts) - not quite as good as with a CD on my player but very good nonetheless.

Overall I am very happy, as this device has dragged my analog (except for CD player) system into the 21st Century, and me with it, thank goodness. :D

BTW: Mine runs just 'warm to the touch' - nothing to worry about. ;)

Be prepared for more music than you know what to do with!!

Be prepared for more music than you know what to do with!!
Absolutely! - There is so much music that 'I think I want' :) - that I can't decide what to search for first! :D

When justifying the purchase (and the mental leap) to myself, I saved ~£26 on a possible CD purchase, (US import), for one track that I absolutely had to have. So £30 for the Chromecast +£11 for a cable, was nicely offset by this. ;)

I returned the CCA to Best Buy and got a fire stick 4k. The audio quality is not as good as the CCA , but maybe it needs a bit more burn in .
I think its a keeper however, at least for video, I like how I can add any apps and it plugs right into my 205 hdmi input.
Its just like the 205 has all the apps built in like the 105 did.
For ease , simplicity and a bit better SQ I am sticking with my Audioengine B1 for easy music listening.

If I feel for the real thing, and I am not feeling too lazy, my vinyl and tubes are in another room.

I returned the CCA to Best Buy and got a fire stick 4k. The audio quality is not as good as the CCA , but maybe it needs a bit more burn in .

Burn in? On a Fire TV stick? What is there to "burn in"? No offense intended, but I think you may be wishful hoping for something that won't happen.

I thought this was about the Chromecast Audio (CCA), not a Chromecast (that does video).

Maybe that's why audiobliss couldn't get the SQ he was looking for, and why it was so warm to the touch?

CCA get a bit warm too, nothing crazy though.

I have been checking mine since someone mentioned running hot. Mine has never reached body temp. Right now it’s 86.1f after a few hours of playing. And Firestick runs through your TV so not sure if it will ever sound as good as a CCA which is only for music play back.

I was just thinking that devices with video circuitry in them (esp HDMI) seem to run 'hotter'. My audio only CCA only mildly warm compared to my own body heat/hand when holding it.

And, correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the CCA have support for hi(er) resolution audio that the video Chromecast doesn't?

My audio only CCA only mildly warm compared to my own body heat/hand when holding it.

I would bet if you measure it, it is lower than you think. Mine is currently this and seems fairly warm to the touch.

Not sure about the CCA vs ChromeCast Res capabilities, would need to look that up.

Enough silly digital talk, done with the chores now so it’s time for a few hours sitting down with the vinyls. :beatnik:
image.jpg

just got CCA for $15 at Wallyworld. Plugged it into my miniwatt tube amp connected to Klipsch bookshelf speakers, enabled wifi, got 90 day spotify trial for $3
Very HAPPY with the sound and functionality! I'm hooked.....

wish SiriusXM app would get on the CC train!

just got CCA for $15 at Wallyworld. Plugged it into my miniwatt tube amp connected to Klipsch bookshelf speakers, enabled wifi, got 90 day spotify trial for $3
Very HAPPY with the sound and functionality! I'm hooked.....

wish SiriusXM app would get on the CC train!
You may want to subscribe to Tidal's 3 month trial for $1.99 to see if you can hear the difference between Tidal's lossless stream vs. Spotify's lossy stream.

Back
Top Bottom